Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet speed fluctuates between 900mbps and 90mbps

Highlighted
Valued Commentator

Internet speed fluctuates between 900mbps and 90mbps

Hello, 

I recently moved to a new place and find that my fibre connection fluctuates between 900mbps and 90 mbps. Sometimes when I reset the nucleus connect and Google Wifi router it goes back to 900mbps, sometimes it doesn't and I have to call 1633.

Hub Troopers have come down 3x already in the last 2 months, and they swopped out the Nucleus connect equipment twice. One of them told me at the back end there was some cap put on my account and the cap was removed. This was a few weeks back and everything was fine at 900mbps, but then it happened again recently. 

Anyone else facing this issue? My 2 years contract is up for renewal and I'm thinking of switching to Singtel fibre to see if this is a Starhub issue, 

IMG_3519.PNGIMG_3520.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Internet speed fluctuates between 900mbps and 90mbps

Hi @gaothebao, I'm sorry to hear about this. Are you getting the same speed on both wired and wireless? Please also try to test with a different device if you have one? 

~ Carla
Highlighted
Valued Commentator

I've also tested on wired, bypassing router, directly to port 1 on
nucleus connect. Still the same, fluctuating between 900mbps and 90 mpbs,
every 1-2 weeks,
Highlighted

In this case, please contact my colleagues on either Facebook or Twitter so that we can log a case regarding your concern. 

~ Carla