Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet connection unstable after upgrading to 1gbps

SOLVED
Highlighted
Esteemed Commentator

Internet connection unstable after upgrading to 1gbps

Been experiencing DNS, proxy and internet connection issues the past few days whenever I'm visiting a site or downloading something on my PC. The connection would time out, internet speeds fluctuate, server errors and the likes. Connection on mobile seems stable but slow at times. 

I've tested it out on LAN and WAN(both 2.4ghz and 5ghz), flushed DNS, changed to Google and OpenDNS(this helped slightly), resetted my router to factory settings and setting it up again, used 3 different routers. I hope you could look into this issue thanks. 

From a man who just wants to enjoy before going back into tekong.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Internet connection unstable after upgrading to 1gbps

Do contact HOTline 1633 directly to Broadband Tech support line, not CS.

Inform the staff on your problem and they can check your connection at their backend.

They would Refresh your IP and do follow their procedure which may take several minutes.

Should the line is busy do call later.

There are certain points to take note;

1.  It is best to power off both ONT and Router and wait about 10 minutes to power on both devices, as upgrade of plan mean there is a change in IP Address assign to you.

2.  Due to current situation, link: Southeast Asian internet slow down ... fibre optic cable damaged

3.  Swapping of Routers are not advisable as most routers do retain any previous IP which may conflict and having multi IP issue.

i am not starhub staff &or related to.

1 REPLY
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Internet connection unstable after upgrading to 1gbps

Do contact HOTline 1633 directly to Broadband Tech support line, not CS.

Inform the staff on your problem and they can check your connection at their backend.

They would Refresh your IP and do follow their procedure which may take several minutes.

Should the line is busy do call later.

There are certain points to take note;

1.  It is best to power off both ONT and Router and wait about 10 minutes to power on both devices, as upgrade of plan mean there is a change in IP Address assign to you.

2.  Due to current situation, link: Southeast Asian internet slow down ... fibre optic cable damaged

3.  Swapping of Routers are not advisable as most routers do retain any previous IP which may conflict and having multi IP issue.

i am not starhub staff &or related to.