StarHub Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent Internet Connection

Respected Commentator

Intermittent Internet Connection

I have been facing intermittent internet connection issues. Thought that it would be solved when I changed my subscription from cable broadband to fibre broadband 1gbps plan a few months back.

But no, the intermittency still persists.

an example: I am never able to complete watching a streaming movie on Netflix, without switching off my router/ modem and restarting it at least once.

I sincerely hope that Starhub makes good on its promise of being able to “Stream, play and work at once without buffering or lag. The whole family will be streaming, surfing and gaming – simultaneously – without skipping a beat.”

It is frustrating, time-consuming, and disappointing, when the family and I wish to enjoy quality movie time together, but end up having to do troubleshooting during every of these sessions.judging from the problems I am reading in the forum, I am not the only one who faces such issues. 

I expect an answer on how I can receive proper quality service from Starhub, as promised.

8 REPLIES 8
Esteemed Commentator

Re: Intermittent Internet Connection

Hi there, May I know a few things about your set up?

1. What is the make and model of your router?
2. How is the tv connected to your router? Wi-Fi? Ethernet cable?
3. Do you experience the same intermittent connectivity on your other devices?
Respected Commentator

Linksys Max-Stream EA7500 AC1900+ Wireless Router (came free with my Fibre broadband subscription - http://www.starhub.com/personal/support/broadband/equipment-guides/fibre-compatible-devices.html)

WiFi (mine is a smart tv)

Yes. All devices experience the intermittent wifi connection, resulting in need to reset it.
Have tried connecting a direct (wired) LAN connection, with the same intermittent result.
Esteemed Commentator

@ignisfatalis wrote:
Linksys Max-Stream EA7500 AC1900+ Wireless Router (came free with my Fibre broadband subscription - http://www.starhub.com/personal/support/broadband/equipment-guides/fibre-compatible-devices.html)

WiFi (mine is a smart tv)

Yes. All devices experience the intermittent wifi connection, resulting in need to reset it.
Have tried connecting a direct (wired) LAN connection, with the same intermittent result.

Have you already tried the common suggested steps that StarHub would normally tell you to?

1. turn off your router and modem, unplug the fibre from the router and leave it for about 10mins.

after that plug the fibre cable back into the modem and turn it on.

2. Wait till all the LEDs on the modem come on then proceed to turn on your router.

3. if after doing that and you still have issues I suggest you have to call StarHub to check on their backend if they are having issues.

Respected Commentator

Yes, I've tried this. And I still face the intermittent connection problem - in fact, the internet has just recovered from yet another bout of this 'illness'.

This is nothing like what was claimed in the sales pitches... uninterrupted and fast streaming of data.

I am VERY disappointed.

I will call Starhub up.

Alumni (Retired)

Hi ignisfatalis

That's not the way want you to feel. Let me get this sorted out for you. Can you provide me your full name, NRIC, contact number and email address via Private Message so that I can assist you better?

Respected Commentator

Hi Priya, have replied you in PM.

Pls check. Thanks.

New Commentator

I have the same problem. My phone app keeps restarting due to wifi disconnection. We have upgraded the wifi a few months back as recommended by the service officer but it has not improved.

Community Manager

Hi Jiehao, please PM us the subscriber name, registered Hub ID / email address, service address and mobile number by clicking >> HERE, we’ll arrange for assistance.