GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPv6 service down again?

Trusted Commentator

Re: IPv6 service down again?

Really genius customer service, asks me to send private message, of which it showed "you have reached your limit"!!! I didn't even send out a single message?!

My problem had been there since 25/6/18
Today is 6/7/18

Let's see Starhub will take how many weeks to sort this issue out

SUCH AN AWFUL SERVICE!!!!
Community Manager

Hi drzw, Please click here to send us your details. Thank you - Josephine

Home Networking Expert

@drzw wrote:
Really genius customer service, asks me to send private message, of which it showed "you have reached your limit"!!! I didn't even send out a single message?!

My problem had been there since 25/6/18
Today is 6/7/18

Let's see Starhub will take how many weeks to sort this issue out

SUCH AN AWFUL SERVICE!!!!

https://community.starhub.com/t5/Others/Limit-to-send-PM/m-p/158305#M2475

Wait long long long long long.. liao

Trusted Advocate

Are you guys having the same problems using IPv4?  I saw the first post said you were also having issues with that too. If IPv4 is also a problem then you can stop looking at specific IPv6 problems but look at the infrastructure. If other people aren't having these issues then perhaps the problem is your NIC.

I might be barking up the wrong tree as I don't fully understand the actual issue but from what I've read it looks more like a local problem.

Be good to hear if other people are using IPv6 successfully and perhaps why they are using it anyway, it's not really necessary, yet.

Some better feedback from Starhub would help and let us know if they are seeing this an isolated event or lots of other users are experiencing the same.

EDIT: I just did some tests myself, using my Linksys EA6700 router all seems to work OK on IPv6 (limited experience) but when I swapped the router my Apple AIrport Extreme I immediately started seeing drop-outs, I stress again this is just limited to a 10 minute test but even this shows there is a quite obvious difference in router implementations of IPv6 and how well it has been done. What routers are you guys using?

It would also be intertesting to know if Starhub are supporting dual stacks for their IP addresses and how they have done that, this is known cause of IPv6 connetivity issues and is a clear ISP problem.

Also if you are using OpenDNS you will ceratinly have problems, they haven't properly implememted IPv6 yet - so some other things you can look at Smiley Happy

Trusted Commentator

Sorry to say that you are wrong, I'm having no issue with my IPv4 now, purely IPv6

Also, no matter what you think, I don't think it's my end's problem, as I'm not the only one suffering from this problem

Plus, whether you think IPv6 is important or not does not really matter, because I'm using it and it's important to me. I don't really care whether other ppl are using or not, but what I'm paying for the broadband service includes the IPv6 service.

And there's no useful feedback from Starhub, yet
Trusted Advocate

OK, I can see you are quite a difficult person to deal with, I'm just trying to help with suggestions, that's all. I'll butt out.

Trusted Commentator

Thans and if you say I'm a difficult person to deal with then fine, don't have to reply me and PLEASE ignore me

Because I don't judge other people that simply

And goodbye
Trusted Advocate

No problem, you're ignored as requested.
Home Networking Expert

@Wurlitzer wrote:

Are you guys having the same problems using IPv4?  I saw the first post said you were also having issues with that too. If IPv4 is also a problem then you can stop looking at specific IPv6 problems but look at the infrastructure. If other people aren't having these issues then perhaps the problem is your NIC.

I might be barking up the wrong tree as I don't fully understand the actual issue but from what I've read it looks more like a local problem.

Be good to hear if other people are using IPv6 successfully and perhaps why they are using it anyway, it's not really necessary, yet.

Some better feedback from Starhub would help and let us know if they are seeing this an isolated event or lots of other users are experiencing the same.

EDIT: I just did some tests myself, using my Linksys EA6700 router all seems to work OK on IPv6 (limited experience) but when I swapped the router my Apple AIrport Extreme I immediately started seeing drop-outs, I stress again this is just limited to a 10 minute test but even this shows there is a quite obvious difference in router implementations of IPv6 and how well it has been done. What routers are you guys using?

It would also be intertesting to know if Starhub are supporting dual stacks for their IP addresses and how they have done that, this is known cause of IPv6 connetivity issues and is a clear ISP problem.

Also if you are using OpenDNS you will ceratinly have problems, they haven't properly implememted IPv6 yet - so some other things you can look at Smiley Happy

Been using it for years without issue, problem surfaced about a month ago.... 

Starhub did send someone down to my place to check, but they couldn't fix it either. The only item that were not swapped out for testing were the ONT itself, otherwise, everything else we have tried.

The main issue here is we're not getting IPv6 wan address.

Honored Contributor

I'm also having the same problem with my Asus RT-AC3200.

The IPV6 used to be working in "Native" mode, but it is not working anymore.

I'm not sure if it is problem with Starhub or the Router. I had upgraded it to the latest firmware and tried all kinds of seeting but it is still not working.

Did Starhub "turn off" the IPV6 ?