cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPv6 service down again?

Alumni (Retired)

Re: IPv6 service down again?

Hi kon_sg

Can you provide me your full name, NRIC, contact number and email address via Private Message and we'll keep in touch? 

Home Networking Expert

@Priya_R wrote:

Hi kon_sg

Can you provide me your full name, NRIC, contact number and email address via Private Message and we'll keep in touch? 

Starhub fibre broadband support ipv6? PM you my details and keep in touch for? I've PMed you before, and the reply I get was "did rebooting ONT & router solve the problem"

Home Networking Expert

CS Manager insist to send their Engineer to my home to review the problem - since this is their SOP, I reluctantly agreed - who knows maybe there is indeed something wrong with my equipments/setting.

When Engineer arrived, to my shock, he is here to troubleshoot my computer connection with wired connection, with free service including checking & advising customer on wifi connectivity, upgrade router firmware, etc etc.

But after 1.5~2 hours, he eventually give-up. Still no IPv6. Now back to network engineer to troubleshoot on Starhub back-end. Poor guy, in that time, pretty much did everything that I've done before. Try with a new router, hard reset the existing router, change different settings (including wifi), tried to smoke me ipv6 was working when all there is the local ipv6, not the wan-ip missing, even did the 'expected reply from their back-office' - tell the customer no one use ipv6, turn it off! Cat LOL luckily the Engineer was more sensible answer "why you question customer what he used it for".. thumbs up for him!

Home Networking Expert

@peterlivadas as i mentioned earlier, I'm unable to send/reply PM.

Contrary to what you say, I actually did receive a call from Starhub requesting for screenshot of ip-address when laptop is connected directly to modem/VECM. I've just send it out prolly 30 mins ago

@peterlivadas wrote:

Hi, our technical team tried to contact you but was not successful on 29/06/2018. An sms was sent to you 

Home Networking Expert

No more news from Starhub for the past 48 hours...

Trusted Commentator

I'm also facing the same issue. And yet waiting for starhub's reply.

Btw, I'm living near TTSH, don't know whether it's the same area with you or not
Home Networking Expert

@drzw wrote:
I'm also facing the same issue. And yet waiting for starhub's reply.

Btw, I'm living near TTSH, don't know whether it's the same area with you or not

good to know i'm not alone! and no, our location are not the same and we're not even close!

while i cannot say if our issue is identical, but it's also good to know Starhub is investigating and didn't let this die a natural death Smiley Happy

a call or even SMS from them that they are investigating is much appreciated...

and they start updating me again yesterday....

Alumni (Retired)

Hi drzw, are you still facing the issue? - Han

Trusted Commentator

Yes, still
As starhub apparently didn't do anything, my IPv6 is still not available to use
Community Manager

Please send me a private message here with your name, NRIC/FIN, contact number and email address so that I can get in touch and assist you further. Thank you - Josephine