cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPv6 service down again?

Home Networking Expert

Re: IPv6 service down again?

wahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

i hope you all "understand" what I'm talking about now =))

Home Networking Expert

@peterlivadas my issue is resolved as mentioned in post earlier. In fact it’s fixed for about a week now

i cannot reply pm or sent pm as it keep saying I’ve reach my limit for sending messages

Home Networking Expert

OMG! Problem is back! 12 days problem free of which 10 days I wasn't using as I went overseas.

happy too early. Gotta call startup again. Router disconnected and reconnect at around 6pm this evening and IPv6 never return

Home Networking Expert

OMG! Problem is back! 12 days problem free of which 10 days I wasn't using as I went overseas.

happy too early. Gotta call startup again. Router disconnected and reconnect at around 6pm this evening and IPv6 never return.

Respected Advocate

Interesting development. 

After I posted that I had no IPv6 connection, I come across a post/link from a helpful user that provided the step to turn on the IPv6 protocol on my Starhub-provided router. So I did that and I got IPv6 connection. But that does not solve my intermittent network disconnection issues.

So after some to and fro with customer support, I was asked to provide with a tracert screenshot and they did something at their end. I was asked to do another reboot and now has more consistent network performance.

I did another IPv6 test and indeed it is down. But it does not seem to have a bearing on the issue I was having previously with intermittent network disconnection. 

Alumni (Retired)

If you're still experiencing issues with your broadband services, please update us via Private Message and I'll arrange for follow up.

- Amy
Alumni (Retired)

Hi Kon

If rebooting your modem/ONT and router does not solve your connection issues, let me have your full name, NRIC/FIN number, contact number and email address via Private Message and I'll arrange for follow up.

- Amy
Home Networking Expert

@lonewolfsg wrote:

Interesting development. 

After I posted that I had no IPv6 connection, I come across a post/link from a helpful user that provided the step to turn on the IPv6 protocol on my Starhub-provided router. So I did that and I got IPv6 connection. But that does not solve my intermittent network disconnection issues.

So after some to and fro with customer support, I was asked to provide with a tracert screenshot and they did something at their end. I was asked to do another reboot and now has more consistent network performance.

I did another IPv6 test and indeed it is down. But it does not seem to have a bearing on the issue I was having previously with intermittent network disconnection. 

Can you share the step to turn on the IPv6 protocol?

I don't actually have "network issue" per se, just IPv6 is down, which is an issue for some of my work, though I don't use it daily - i just don't want to wait until the time i need it and it's still dead.

Also, when IPv6 is down, it is causing some sort of nuisance in my own home network, something that result in certain network device cannot be 'seen' by others...

Respected Advocate

@kon_sg wrote:

Can you share the step to turn on the IPv6 protocol?

I don't actually have "network issue" per se, just IPv6 is down, which is an issue for some of my work, though I don't use it daily - i just don't want to wait until the time i need it and it's still dead.

Also, when IPv6 is down, it is causing some sort of nuisance in my own home network, something that result in certain network device cannot be 'seen' by others...

I'm using D-Link DIR868 and searching through some of your old posts, I'm very sure you are a more advanced user than me.

Nothing I did is anything new to you.

All I did was to follow the steps in this doc >> http://global.dlink.com.sg/faq/faq_pdfs/DIR-868L/DIR-868L-How-to-enable-IPv6-(StarHub).pdf 

Maybe my initial choice of word was incorrect. To call it 'turn on IPv6 protocol' is incorrect. I just change some setting on my router. That's all. 

Sorry I can't be more helpful. Or for getting your hopes up. 

Home Networking Expert

Ok xie xie ni.

Yesterday already call 1633 to lodge issue, luckily they manage to trace back the existing issue from 2 weeks ago, so save me the trouble of re-explaining it.

Hopefully their engineers can trace the problem quickly. whatever they did 2 weeks ago fix it 'temporarily', really hope they will explain what went wrong and why it keep recurring

If it's equipment user on my end, rebooting or changing equipment should fix it, unfortunately it doesn't - of course by equipment i can only refer to the router. ONT is not something I can swap out