cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPv6 service down again?

Home Networking Expert
Home Networking Expert

Re: IPv6 service down again?

Saturday evening, Starhub call me back and inform that they have escalated to their network team (finally!)

Call me again on Sunday to update that they still need more time to investigate - which is perfectly fine with me since I know someone is looking into it! Smiley Happy

Called me again on Monday evening that issue is fixed, need to power cycle ONT & Router, which I did, and voila, IPv6 is back!

Hopefully, I don't have to call them again, but if I do, i think I will have to go through a tough time explaining to them again Smiley Sad
Highlighted
Home Networking Expert

Interesting... starhub call again to check on connection status. And it’s still working fine

but the million dollar question is starhub still tell me nothing wrong on their side. But when they ask me to reboot 2 days ago it work immediately. And the manager said the network team “fixed it”. So what exactly they fix? Why the cs still know nothing about it?

Alumni (Retired)

Hi kon_sg

That should be really so frustrating. Let me get this sorted out for you. Can you provide me your full name, NRIC,contact number and email address via Private Message so that I can assist you better?
Home Networking Expert

@Priya_R wrote:

Hi kon_sg

That should be really so frustrating. Let me get this sorted out for you. Can you provide me your full name, NRIC,contact number and email address via Private Message so that I can assist you better?

Yes it is, so please don't add to the frustration

Respected Advocate

It's interesting that I'm staying in the same area as kon_sg but I'm still experiencing issues. 

I really have no idea what the issues could be but tried to test for IPv6 via https://test-ipv6.com/ and got the following result.

2016-06-14 IPv6 Test02.jpg2016-06-14 IPv6 Test01.jpg

So it seems I'm still having issues with IPv6. 

Home Networking Expert

Call 1633 la... but first do all the troubleshooting step first

Must never give up when talking with them, frustrating yes.. but....

Trusted Advocate

All the refrences to IP addresses in previous emails are IPv4 style,  xxx.xxx.xxx.xxxx

If you are using IPv6 they will be like this fe80::49cc:addd:9058:a27%16

Have you tried disabling the IPv6 protocol on your ethernet adapter and try using just IPv4?

Home Networking Expert

I know, was trying to give as much info as possible to Starhub to 'troubleshoot'... just disappointed that likely none of these info reach the engineer
Alumni (Retired)

Hi Wurlitzer

Can I check if restarting your modem/ONT and router help resolve the issue at all?