Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot access Chinese website such as weibo or douban

SOLVED
Highlighted
Respected Commentator

I cannot access Chinese website such as weibo or douban

Hi since maybe last week (1st Jun 2019), my home netwok cannot access the chinese website such weibo or douban(show as below screenshots), same as my phone if connect wifi also cannnot access, but if using 4G data is OK. please help me to sovle this issue.

Thanks.

image.pngimage.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Solution

Re: I cannot access Chinese website such as weibo or douban

Hi Shadowsing, I understand that you’re currently experiencing issue with website and would advise that you power off/on the ONT and router from the main power point. You may also contact your router manufacturer for assistance.

If you continue to experience difficulties, please call our 24 hour technical helpdesk at 1633 when you’re at home to facilitate troubleshooting on the technical issue.

========================================
Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub

Has someone helped you?
Say thanks by liking the post.

Has your post been solved?
Let others know by marking the post using the "Accept as Solution" button.

Home is where the ♥ is

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Esteemed Commentator

same here for some other website from China
hupu.com
www.newsmth.net
Community Manager
Solution

Hi Shadowsing, I understand that you’re currently experiencing issue with website and would advise that you power off/on the ONT and router from the main power point. You may also contact your router manufacturer for assistance.

If you continue to experience difficulties, please call our 24 hour technical helpdesk at 1633 when you’re at home to facilitate troubleshooting on the technical issue.

========================================
Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub

Has someone helped you?
Say thanks by liking the post.

Has your post been solved?
Let others know by marking the post using the "Accept as Solution" button.

Home is where the ♥ is

View solution in original post

Respected Commentator

Hi debbiefa, thanks for your reply, basically you mean it maybe the router issue, but I did power off/on the router before, the problem still there, soI directly connect my PC to the Modem instead of the router, then I am able to access those website, so I realized that there still some probem with the router, then I did factory reset for the router the problem SOLVED!

Respected Commentator

Hi pkufeng,
I just now try to connect my PC directly to Modem instead of the router or wifi, then I can access those website, so I realized that there some problem with the router, and seems the problem cannot be resolve by just power off/on the router. So, I did factory reset for the router the problem SOLVED!
hope this will help you!
Alumni (Retired)

Hi

Do try out some of the troubleshooting steps at www.starhub.com/personal/how-to/how-to-improve-your-home-fibre-broadband-wifi.html to see if this works for you.

If this doesn't work, please contact our Technical team directly at 1633 when you’re at home so they can see how to best assist you.

- Amy
Esteemed Commentator

hi shadowsing,

Thank you very much. I will try it Smiley Happy

Community Manager

Hi pkufeng, we have replied you via PM. Thank you 

If my post answers your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button!