cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrible Customer Service and Technicians

Valued Commentator

Horrible Customer Service and Technicians

Hi,

I recently moved in into a new place as a tennant. The previous tennant had starhub fibre broadband and cable tv installed. So I naturally assumed I could easily get a new subscription set up for the appartment. I ordered through the shop the standard 3 tier cable tv package and the 1GBPS google wifi setup.

Once I completed the order, an email stated that I would be contacted within 24 hrs for the installation appointment. Of course this didnt happen so I called in myself the next day to check. An appointment was made for the next Monday. 

That Monday a technician shows up with a temporary box and no internet stating that for some reason he only came for the tv and that the unit I am renting does not have cable connection. There are coax cables throughout the house so this was complete BS. The guy was friendly I must say so I kept it with that and called the helpline.

There they told me I had to wait 7 days for the internet installation?? And nobody gave me a solution on the tv issue. So I got a bit frustrated as I came home that day for nothing. The manager and the CS employee both promised me the new appointment would be  the next monday.

Next Monday came and nobody showed up. Apparently they did not register my appointment correctly. So it became Tuesday (today). I had a slot booked from 6:30 to 8:00. The technician showed up at 6 ( I was still on my way from work) said there was no power connection in the cupboard where the access point was - strange but true, yet easily solvable with a powercord extension!! - and just left my place although my wife specifically asked to stay until I was home. Afterall I booked a slot right??

Now I still dont have anything installed. I get absolutely no support. This is just absurd. I am living abroad for more than 10 years: this is by far the worst experience EVER with a telco company. All you get is scripted answers and fake empathic responses. Unbelievable.

Is it true that Starhub does not support cable tv anymore?

Why are they still advertising cable tv?

Why do they accept that their third party install company employs people who dont seem to know what is going on while charging a hefty sum in installation fees?

Amazing.

1 REPLY 1
Alumni (Retired)

Re: Horrible Customer Service and Technicians

Hi @ BenVerlinden

This should not be the way. Please send me your full name, NRIC/FIN number, contact number and email via Private Message and I'll arrange for follow up.

- Amy