Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Homehub 200 connection woes

SOLVED
Valued Commentator

Homehub 200 connection woes

Hi,

I've been on the homehub 200 plan for a month or so now, and I've been getting really slow/erratic speed on both wired and wireless. I've called helpdesk before, redirected to dlink helpdesk, disabled auto channel scans and also changed channels for my wireless.

This is my current speed on wireless using SH's speed test.

Last Result:
Download Speed: 4374 kbps (546.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 11588 kbps (1448.5 KB/sec transfer rate)
8/31/2014 11:05:37 PM

I have another computer 2 rooms away from the router/nucleus connect, and im currently using a 600mbps av2 homeplug for connecting to this station. However, the speed on that machine is just as bad, even though my house is just 4 years old.

I would understand if SH doesnt support any homeplug-related problem, but 4mbps on a wireless as well is pretty rediculous... what gives?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hub Master
Solution

Re: Homehub 200 connection woes

For wireless speed, apart from the wireless environment, the hardware plays a part too.

I suspect that Station C is of higher specification than Station A and thus the wireless speed is better. Sometimes, it is also not advisable to place the device too close to the router.

As for home plug, I am unable to advise on the performance as there are too many factors that might affect the speed. I will recommend using data point instead of home plug or powerline adaptor.
========================================
Home is where the ♥ is
3 REPLIES 3
Hub Master

How is the result that you are getting on wired connection?
Home is where the ♥ is
Valued Commentator

Hi KaiBoon, thanks for assisting.

I have a total of 3 different workstations, 2 desktops and a macbook.

Station A is placed right beside the nucleus and router, on wired via both direct NC/router gives a full 200mbps. However, on wireless (despite the computer being right beside the router), the speed are as followed:

Last Result:
Download Speed: 47958 kbps (5994.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 53144 kbps (6643 KB/sec transfer rate)
9/1/2014, 10:14:06 PM

Last Result:
Download Speed: 49227 kbps (6153.4 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 54403 kbps (6800.4 KB/sec transfer rate)
9/1/2014, 10:17:40 PM

Station B is another PC desktop, wired 2 rooms away connected via homeplugs. It does not contain wireless adapter/cards, and its wired speed are as followed:

Last Result:
Download Speed: 9723 kbps (1215.4 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 23602 kbps (2950.3 KB/sec transfer rate)
9/1/2014 10:13:30 PM

Last Result:
Download Speed: 9842 kbps (1230.3 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 24294 kbps (3036.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
9/1/2014 10:20:25 PM

Station C is a macbook which i use at times in my room/living room, the speed displayed on my original post is tested while the macbook is in my room(directly 2 rooms away from router), while in living room (~2m away from router) gives me a wireless speed of 120mbps

Hub Master
Solution

For wireless speed, apart from the wireless environment, the hardware plays a part too.

I suspect that Station C is of higher specification than Station A and thus the wireless speed is better. Sometimes, it is also not advisable to place the device too close to the router.

As for home plug, I am unable to advise on the performance as there are too many factors that might affect the speed. I will recommend using data point instead of home plug or powerline adaptor.
Home is where the ♥ is