Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Homehub 1000 Fibre connection Speed

SOLVED
Highlighted
Respected Advocate

Re: Homehub 1000 Fibre connection Speed

@sankelvin, as from what you mentioned,

The funny part is Starhub tech support called me yesterday that it is free router from starhub and they can't help much.

- is this what the customer service mentioned? or is the CSO is trying to say that the router problem will be handled by DLink themselve as Starhub is a service provider and they might not know if there's any update or changes done to the router itself.

My question to Starhub that it is not a free router, i need to blind with 2 years contact in order to get the free router. So Starhub need to make sure that the router provide can meet the speed that we have subscribe right?

- First thing first, definitely the router that Starhub provided will be able to handle the fibre connection that you subscribed to, further to that since its an AC dual band router, definitely, its able to.

-Second and lastly, as what I've mentioned earlier, Starhub is an service provider, thus the equipment it provide are solely to support the plans that they're selling. But ultimately, should there be any faults or router not able to use, it will be handled by the manufacturer themselve. Starhub is just merely  rewarding their customer by absorbing the cost of the router when they sign with 2 years contract.

Similarily putting, if you sign a membership with a company and they give you free laptop for example. Is the warrenty under the manufacturer or you find back the company? hopefully you understand where I'm coming from. Cheers

“Dogs are wise. They crawl away into a quiet corner and lick their wounds and do not rejoin the world until they are whole once more.”
—Agatha Christie
Highlighted
Grand Guru

The funny part is Starhub tech support called me yesterday that it is free router from starhub and they can't help much.

My question to Starhub that it is not a free router, i need to blind with 2 years contact in order to get the free router. So Starhub need to make sure that the router provide can meet the speed that we have subscribe right?

Further to what @SuperDog mentioned.

To answer both statement;

You may mis-interpret what the staff said, which is the router is from Dlink and any router problem, it should be the Dlink Service Center to handle.

As if Starhub do anything to the router, this will make the warranty to be void & null.

As it is part of the package, the router is NEW and warranty remain the same as sold from retailers/shops.

The router can meet the 1Gbps, as there are plenty of customers using it.

There are also ppl who do not use router as they do connect directly to ONT.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I had the Dlink router replaced last month but the problem the same. Dlink had told me that it is impossible 2 router having the same problem. What I asking for is Starhub and Dlink can come down to my place to solve the problem.
Highlighted
Respected Advocate

@sankelvin, Bro, NOTHING is impossible. Why shouldn't be any chance that the equipment might be faulty?

Had you tried doing a direct connection to the ONT and see if you get similar speed? If you hasn't, please kindly try it out by connecting your pc or laptop DIRECTLY via an Lan cable to port 1 of the ONT. Then proceed to speedtest.net to do a connection test and let us know the result. Take note again to test via a WIRED connection. 

“Dogs are wise. They crawl away into a quiet corner and lick their wounds and do not rejoin the world until they are whole once more.”
—Agatha Christie
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Thanks, i will get the router change again.

Highlighted
Respected Advocate

@sankelvin, bro before you take it over to change, do the direct connection test first~. if after doing direct connection and your internet speed goes back to acceptable range. Then the chance of router fault is higher.

—Agatha Christie
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Thanks bro, 

ONT speed: 800mbps

Router by wired: 400Mbps

Wireless: Download speed: 94.92Mbps, Upload: 86 Mbps.

Using 2 x MBP and Asus Laptop to test, wireless speed is unable to achieve more than 100Mbps.

I believe most of us is wireless and wired and how to increase the speed?

This problem I had complained before and Dlink changed the router too but the problem still there.

I really don't know who fault is it?

Highlighted
Respected Advocate

Bro @sankelvin, if you're able to achieve the speed of 800+ via direct connection to the VeONT. it means that there's shouldn't be issue with the connection. Only via the router then you got speed reduced which indicate that the issue lies with the router. 

This is simply based on my knowledge. 

—Agatha Christie
Highlighted
Grand Guru

@sankelvin If possible, DO NOT take DIR-868L.

Ask to replace to another Model, of equivalent to this model.

Suggest you to check this website (listed next para) refer to link.

Check if your router hardware version is the same as stated.

If it the same, then maybe try to do the update, if nec.

Your decision.

Read this link:

http://support.dlink.com/productinfo.aspx?m=dir-868l

"This product has been discontinued on 11/01/2016"

Do note that product has been discontinued, but the warranty still in effect, no change.

It is the Support side, as mentioned.

The Service center still have to continue to repair as it deem fit.

If this DIR-868L has discontinued, Dlink should not provide you another of same model.

By right, when a particular product is discontinued, it will not be on sale &or as replacement.

Basic reason of being discontinued is mostly there are failure on certain component.

Upon released of such notice, the Retailer should return any units to the Manufacturer.

In most product, there is one identity which is "Batch number".

From this batch no. the Maunfacturer will know each component supplier.

If that component is the main fault, that need to be replaced, even if the product is out of warranty.

How do they detect on such fault.

When the product with same batch no. are sent for repair, the techincal staff will verify what is the main cause.

When there are many of such fault, this info will be highlighted and will be sent to the Manufacturer, as Technical Report.

The Manufacturer will then do test and to confirm such problem do exist in that particular batch no..

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Thank you Eric and noted.