cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Broad Band - Not Connected

Highlighted
Respected Commentator

Home Broad Band - Not Connected

I encountered a no network connection with my fibre broadband.  I have reconnected the nucleus connect device directly to my PC.  And when I restart my PC,  I got this message no Ip configuration. There is signal coming into the nucleus device.  However, my PC is not able to pick up the signal.  Anyone can help me to reslove this,I've a fibre broad band.  Or do I need to get Starhub technician to help me do a reconfiguration?

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Grand Guru

Re: Home Broad Band - Not Connected

Hi,

Are you connect via LAN cable from computer to Nucleus connect (ONT) Port-1.

ONT Port-1 is for internet only, whereas other ports 2, 3, 4 are void, null.

Do restart the ONT.

Do not do any reset on the ONT as it is preset to your plan.

There should be green light stable on PON and Power indicator, and Port-1 will show green flicking as online.

There should not have any light on LOC, if it show red means no connection.

For wireless signal you need to have a router.

Connect from ONT Port-1 via LAN cable to Router WAN port.

Computer connect via LAN cable to any Router LAN Port.

Should you still having problem you can contact 1633 direct to Broadband tech support line, not cs.

Explain your problem to the staff for further assistance.

i am not starhub staff.

Highlighted
Respected Commentator

Hi,

Thanks for your response.  I've tried the method per your instructions.  I do not get any incoming signal

when direct connection from LAN cable to Port 1 (Nucleus Connect).

As currently, my Nucleus Connect device is connected via my DWG-N5402SP.  Due to DWG-N5402SP is no longer getting any firmware support, I've bought a new wireless router.  When connected, I cannot get any incoming signal.  So, when I revert back to direct connection from LAN cable to Nucleus connect device there isn't any incoming signal as well.  Could it be that Starhu has done some settings previously on my DWG-N5402SP router that I need Starhub technician to reset for me?

Highlighted
Alumni (Retired)

Quick check - have you restarted your modem/ONT and router to refresh network connection? 

If this doesn’t help, send me your full name, NRIC/FIN number, contact number and email via Private Message and I'll arrange for follow up. 

- Amy
Highlighted
Respected Commentator

Hi Amy,

Yes, I've done that.  But, still it doesn't help.  I've already called 1633 - CS and explained to them my

problem and they said need to reset my profile.  And the team will contact me again shortly.

Highlighted
Alumni (Retired)

Sure. Let me know if you need further assistance. 

- Amy
Highlighted
Grand Guru

Hi  kmlow01,

I see.

The issue lies in the Direct ONT.

Most previous user on router such as DWG-N5402SP are not on Direct ONT.

Hence the staff have to reset the ont to Direct ONT in order for you to use any routers.

After they have done so, you can use any routers to connect.

If possible on using used routers, do factory reset to erase any previous IP retained in routers.

Regards.

Highlighted
Respected Commentator

Hi All,

Thank-you guys for your response and advise to my Home Broadband problem.  This morning starhub technical team had reset my profile.  When I came back this evening, I'm able to get my network connected via direct ONT.  Most importantly, I'm able to add other routers to set my wireless network within my home.  My home broadband is now connected.

Regards