GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High Packet loss at noon while gaming

Valued Commentator

High Packet loss at noon while gaming

So few months ago every single day at noon my packet loss would be higher and higher i tried multiple times to fix it trying to change my ip resetting the router but nothing worked

and i ask my friends that has the same internet provider it’s starhub and they have the same issue as me and it’s getring really annoying and some people with other internet providers such as m1 or singtel they don’t get high packet loss it’s just starhub that does. and it’s not traffic that’s going on because it happens on weekends too 

please tell me if u can solve this problem as soon as possible.

8 REPLIES 8
Valued Commentator

Re: High Packet loss at noon while gaming

is it possible to fix it like come to my condo?

Community Manager

Hi Kyle, 

Please drop me a PM with your registered name, registered mobile number, Hub ID/email address and service address (including postal code and unit numbers) by clicking the words bracketed by the arrows here > via Private Message < for me to check on the matter. 

Meanwhile, do try restarting your devices and doing a direct connection from your ONT to your Laptop / Desktop as well to see if it helps. Thank you.

- Jackson
Trusted Commentator

I'm having the same issues here but not just at noon but basically almost the entire day. Is there any ETA you could provide as to when this issue would be fixed? 

Community Manager

Hi Julien, are you facing issues on your mobile data or broadband connection? You can PM us with your account details via https://bit.ly/2S5w5qq  to assist you better. 

========================================
Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub

Has someone helped you?
Say thanks by liking the post.

Has your post been solved?
Let others know by marking the post using the "Accept as Solution" button.

Home is where the ♥ is
Highlighted
Valued Commentator

Same thing here.

Traceroute and ping on different days at different times & noticed large amount of packet loss when i'm playing Overwatch. Personally, this issue had surfaced since 18 June 2019.

Latency grows steadily into the night. Blizzard is aware of the issue with Starhub ISP too. It's making the game unplayable. Oh i'm on LAN connection btw, not WIFI.

Called Starhub twice. The help received - to the best of the technical staff knowledge - was resetting network and convincing me that it will be okay. 

Is Starhub doing some sort of throttling? Are there any congestion on one of the nodes which the connection needs to pass through to get to the servers? Try changing the route? I have no idea. 

It's not a localised issue so I'll skip the PMing account details part.
Possible to give a timeline on when this can be resolved? I don't wish to escalate issue externally 

Community Manager

Hi, please PM us your subscriber name, registered Hub ID / email address and mobile number >> HERE << we’ll arrange for assistance. Thank you.

If my post answers your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button!
New Commentator

I started having the same problem about a week ago. The time it occurs differs for me, sometimes it hits at 2PM and other times at 5PM. I tried almost everything to fix this, i tried port forwarding my games, i tried new cables, i updated my drivers, and even went into my router settings but nothing worked. But there is something i found interesting, the problem only occurs in the game fortnite. When i ping google or other games the packet loss is 0% it's only in fortnite that i have higher packet loss.

Valued Commentator

I guess it's all the FPS games. 

@Jere_Lim details sent on 30/06/2019. Thanks.