cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting higher ping in World of Warcraft

Respected Commentator

Getting higher ping in World of Warcraft

Dear StarHub,

I am using 1GB Fibre BroadBand since last year May and I used to play with less than 100ms on World of Warcraft Oceanic servers. But lately I am getting more than 200ms which gives me really bad gaming experience. My friends are playing on other service providers, but they have no issues with latency. 

I've tried restarting router, modem, and even re-installing the game does not fix the issue. I tried to used WTFast, Killping and even paid VPN, but they can only reduce me up to 180ms since the problem itself is with my ISP.

I wish that I would get a solution for this or I might have to change ISP like others as well.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Alumni (Retired)

Re: Getting higher ping in World of Warcraft

Hi Khay, can I know if you've restarting both your ONT and router when the ping gets high? Are you using a LAN or wireless connection?

- Sal
Respected Commentator

@Salehuddin_H wrote:

Hi Khay, can I know if you've restarting both your ONT and router when the ping gets high? Are you using a LAN or wireless connection?

Hi Sal,

I'm using LAN connection. I also tested with wireless connection also the same. I can get 800~900mbps download speed on speedtest with LAN. 

Regarding about restarting ONT and router, I restart both weekly and rest about 5-10mins.

Thanks

Alumni (Retired)

Hi @K , please send me a PM with the subscriber's name, NRIC/FIN, mobile and email for further assistance on this.