cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre termination and action of releasing port

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Fibre termination and action of releasing port

Hi, I went to Starhub centre and terminated the fibre service. The staff told me to call to Netlink Trust, in order to faster to proceed the action of releasing port in my home. I called to Netlink Trust and their staff told me that requiring Starhub to issue the action to them. May I know is it possible to faster to proceed the action of releasing port? How long do I need to wait for the port to be released? Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Grand Guru

Re: Fibre termination and action of releasing port

For switching of ISP for fibre broadband, maybe you could read the section in the link;

>> Switching Broadband

In most case it is only ISP that liase with NetLink Trust to handle this task.

As it may involved in many other issues to be resolved among the ISP(s) and NetLink Trust.

It may not be a simple task to turn off &or disconnect the connection as manpower and paperwork, etc; may also be involved.

Hence you should find out more before switching of ISP.

As some do instead activate the 2nd fibre broadband as precaution before termination.

For the 2nd port of TP which may take some time as due to "insufficient capacity", depend.

So you next option is to consult your next ISP.

i am not starhub staff &or related to.

Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Williamw, please PM me the subscriber's name, NRIC/FIN, E-mail address and contact number. I'll get the relevant team to assist. - Sofia

Sofia
Senior Commentator

Hi, i also terminated my starhub fibre account last year. We shifted house and now the new owner is telling me the fibre port is still under my name. (has been 6 months since we moved) Called 1633 and talked to a lady yesterday, she said she will call the technician to release the port so that the new owner can use. Is there any way to expedite this process or even know if it is in the technician's to do list..?