cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre broadband very slow

Highlighted
Valued Commentator

Re: Fibre broadband very slow

Yes, I'm having exactly the same problem! I have contacted the helpdesk but am not at all confident that they will completely fix this issue Smiley Sad.

KHP
Respected Contributor

Whenever I see new complaitant in this forum about this issue, my confience level for resolution of this issue by Starhub is going down faster than light's travelling speed. I know their resolution pattern very well now.

- Do the speed test.

- Contact DLink.

- Do the ping test.

- Our technitian did not found any issue.

- Our engineering team did not found any problem. 

- Signal from our network going to your Voice Enabled Optical Network Terminal (VEONT) Nucleus Connect device is within specification (I have reached to this level currently)

- Change your hardware

etc. etc.

There is not complaint resolution mechanism where you can elevate your problem and convince them that there is real problem being faced by you. May be the The Consumers Association of Singapore (CASE) is only available tool to deal with it. 

Senior Contributor

Hi KHP ,

Perhaps you are right , All of us should visit  The Consumers Association of Singapore (CASE) .

I will update here again on Sat 25/3/17. Why the hell am i still hoping they will resolve my issue 

" roll my eyes ".................................

Honored Contributor

Did the ping test shows a drop when you face the disconnection?

The best way is to have the technician come in and replicate the disconnection.
KHP
Respected Contributor

Yes, the Starhub technitian himself recorded this disconnection. Still there standard reply is everything is withing specification at their end. 

Honored Contributor

I wonder if there's a fineprint in the T&C to what level of disconnection is within specification.

I'm continuously running a ping test from my office to my home network and see dropped packets every few minutes.
KHP
Respected Contributor

In my case they have passed the buck to DLink. Infact, there technitians themselves confirmed that no issue with DLink router. However for the sake of exhausting all avenues, I am going ahead with DLink call back. Afterwards, problem still persists then Starhub has to take the crown and will have no one else to blame.  

Valued Commentator

Tried to reach Starhub as my broadband is slow almost an hour... Screenshot_20170321-210128.png

Screenshot_20170321-195616.png

Not sure what is going on. My network was working fine before 8pm.... download speed >300mbps.. it suddenly dropped & i cant even watch video fr fb...

Alumni (Retired)

Hi @etan_punggol, do you get the same results over wired connection? - Sofia

Sofia
Valued Commentator

Hi Sofia
It has back to normal now. Do you roughly know the reason causing this lag?

My setup
Ont - Huawei HG8240H
Router - Asus RT-AC88U
connecting with LAN CAT6 cable