cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre broadband very slow

New Commentator

Fibre broadband very slow

Hi, 

I'm a hub club member. I'm very disappointed with your 1GBPS Fibre broadband speed. Past few weeks intermittent delays in loading up webpage, Facebook and YouTube.. but when I use my Starhub mobile 4G.. suddenly it become very fast. 

What is this.. the service level. I buy the broadband to save by using WiFi but everytime it's down I got to switch to my mobile 4G and it cost money and are you going to reimburse me. 

Yesterday your 2 customer service agent said they will look into it. 1st guy was good, attentive. 2nd guy was like sarcastic can't be bothered. Can you track them down.. disappointed to be talking like this when the 2nd guy make it seem like it's my fault my computer fault. For your info.. I used the same laptop on SingTel 500 MBPS last 2 years and it seldom hang. 

Why can't you just send a technician and solve the problem once and for all or either u terminate my contract at your own good will. Not that I cannot pay.. I can pay.. I can pay you monthly for the broadband services but where is the service standard if I can't even log in to the Internet.  Please do something. I need a proper Internet for work.. no need 5G speed.. I be happy with 3G speed.  Just make it work.. not hanging or intermittent no connection. 

My address is 310208.

You can contact me at <snipped> Cris.. really I don't understand. Your promoter promote it in such nice way and I switch over from SingTel.. please don't disappoint me. Understand that the problem may lies or maybe not with you.. your customer agent like trying to pin the blame on my laptop and device at home for the poor WiFi and connection.. let me tell you when all my devices such as tablet and handphone switch back to Starhub mobile 4G.. yes I also have a mobile SIM card with you.. I got 5 accounts with you. It can work in 4G on mobile SIM but when using the discounted WIFI.. everything lag..  it seems I can only use my mobiles 4G to surf the internet while the fibre broadband keeps on hanging. My past few months mobile data plan has gone up coz of ur intermittent broadband issue. 

Thanks.

Cris

19 REPLIES 19
Community Manager

Re: Fibre broadband very slow

Hi @ Cris,

Thanks for letting us know about this situation. I am sorry that you are having trouble with your broadband services.

Do PM me your account, contact and e-mail details and we'll be in touch to get this sorted.

- Amy

- Amy
Senior Contributor

Hi Chris ,

I got the same issue as what you are facing right now .

Just to check , did they reslove your issue ? 

I Fb PM them , They Actually didnt help much  and stright away asked me to bring down my router 

to D-link service centre .

I have only been using Starhub less than 2 Months .

Valued Commentator

I

Highlighted
Valued Commentator

I have the same problem that you are facing too since last Monday. Call customer service thrice, no solution. 1st customer service said need to have a laptop/PC to configure network setting, unfortunately laptop left at office, cant do anything. Called again with my laptop standby, 2nd customer service said laptop is not required. Kept asking me to turn off the router and check the connection is okay. Also asked to forget network and reconnect, but it didn't work. He asked if I want them to send a technician to rectify the problem with a charge. I don't understand why we need to pay for the checking while we are subscribing your service. If the on site technician can't resolve the problem, do you allow early termination with penalty? Called just now, 3rd customer service asked to ping a ip address, still can't work. Asked me to snap the screen shot and will let their technician to look into it and call back within 24 hours. So disappointed with this kind of service.

Senior Contributor

Hi Bryan ,

i can totally understand how you feel right now . I am trying to call ther customer service hotline 

but none answer my call actually . tried for 2 days already . 

Fb PM them , no solution given / no reply .

i Signed up for thier Homehub Go Surfhub 15 wihch this service is with SCV and mobile like and they offerd 15GB. My 4G seems to have the same issue too , super slow cant really load facebook or any other apps.

My husband is using starhub line too but his 4G dont seems to get affected .

it has been 6 days now , flet so hopeless seriously . paying over $200 plus monthly and get this kind of **bleep**ty service .

KHP
Respected Contributor

Hi,

I am in the same boat. See my latest post to them here.

Hi Starhub,

Still there is no solution to my problem of unstable fibre brodband. every week I am experiencing the disconnectivity during internet usage. Your technitian visited twice and could not pinpoint the problem which was expected as they only do the speed test which does not serve any purpose as my complain is about unstable connection and not about the speed. I am already fed up with your fibre broadband which is very erratic from time to time. Your engineering team does not provide any clue that what is happening with my connection. Only solution from you is just moinitor the connection. My regular complains is just the proof that its not working properly. I have wasted so much of my time behind it and your time too. Can we have any final solution here? and please dont ask me to PM my NRIC/contact no. etc. which you know very well now.

Senior Contributor

Hi KHP ,

Just recieved email from Starhub that they will Arrange Service Call to my premises .

I believe that this has  to do with thier ( starhub )connectivity , it seems like not one or two

but ALOT of starhub user's are affected by this .

Am turely disappointed with starhub . P.S to Starhub , it has been only 2mths and i am turely regreted to Port over from Singtel ( which i have been with them for 10 long years ) i should have do my  reserch before i sign up and port over to you .

I really hope Starhub can resolve this ASAP .

Will update again ........

KHP
Respected Contributor

Hi,

In my case, Starhub has already raised its hand that everything is alright. Whereas my problem still persisit at the same level as before. Very much frustrated with this Starhub fibre broadband. During first visit, technitian already recorded the dip in connectivity. However, no explanations given and final reply is that 

"recent service call report by our technician, the signal from our network going to your Voice Enabled Optical Network Terminal (VEONT) Nucleus Connect device is within specification".

Those who are facing this problems may have to continue with this problem whole their contract period. I regret my decision to go with this Starhub fibre broadband. Does anybody know how to elevate this problem to next level of complaint mechanism? Does Starhub has any kind of complaint resolution mechanism or customers are left to the mercy of call center and this community?

Senior Contributor

Hi KHP ,

My Goodness , I have a feeling they wont solve my issue after readding how they treated with your case ..........

They Are ( Starhub ) coming over to my place this sat 25/3/16 . ( will update after i get an update from Starhub )

I still got 22 Mths with them !!!!! Dont think i can put up this S H I T T Y connnection with them that long as i have a Project to run!

Is there anyone facing the same issue like us ???