GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre broadband slow despite troubleshooting

Respected Commentator

Fibre broadband slow despite troubleshooting

For past few months, I've tried rebooting the modem, router as recommended by Starhub's customer service. The fibre broadband network continues to be slower than when I initially had it installed. Not only is it slow, the connection is very unstable and disconnects from time to time. What other troubleshooting can be done?

7 REPLIES 7
Community Manager

Re: Fibre broadband slow despite troubleshooting

-

Grand Guru

Have you try to connect the ONT (modem) directly to computer/laptop via LAN cable.

Then do this speedtest, link;  >> Starhub Local Speedtest

As long as the speedtest result is above 600Mbps for 1Gbps plan, it is acceptable.

For other speeds (as you did not mentioned), such as; on 500Mbps plan it should able to reach close to 500Mbps, from my subscription.

Do write to Starhub via forum staff to assist you.

They would have to check at their end on your connection.

Please submit and provide with the following information;

Registered subscriber Name, NRIC/FIN number, contact, email.

PM @Jolene_L  or  @Amy_Law  to assist and look into your case on this matter

How to send a PM (Private Message) on StarHub Community?

Note: Both ONT and router have to be switch off and wait.

At least wait for 10+ mintues, then switch on the ONT first.

When the green light of the PON indicator of ONT is stable, then switch on Router.

-----------------------------------

I am not Starhub staff &or related to.

New Commentator

I am suffereing from slow connection as a result my devices do not work.

1. I am getting 20 to 60 MBPS while i pay for 1 GBPS. My services are slow and unstable

2. The DLINK call center is horrible, they have very green and untrained staff to face you. Only when you question their credential you are offered a conversation with a proper network engineer. I have already wasted 4 hours on phone trying to troubleshott the problem. All i know now is that my wireless router is to be replaced

3. With the new service standards starhum has slided down to, i will have to go and get it changed

4. I am sorry but after being a Starhub customer for last 10 years i am seriously feeling cheated

regards

Ashish

Respected Contributor

Did Your issue get resolved

I am not Starhub staff &or related to.

Alumni (Retired)

Hi Nightlight, are you experiencing similar issues too? Can you PM me with more details if you are so I can arrange for a follow-up?

- Sal
Respected Contributor

Okie..what details would you need?

Alumni (Retired)

I'll need you to PM me with your full name, NRIC/FIN, email, mobile and StarHub account number. Let me know to if restarting your router/ONT helps at all with the network issue.

- Sal