GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre broadband problems...same as other people here

Community Manager

Re: Fibre broadband problems...same as other people here

Hi Zuyi, do PM us with your StarHub Account number, NRIC/FIN no and email address so that we can get in touch and assist you further. Thank you.- Josephine

Valued Commentator

Rebooted my Starhub router a few time, still, no internet or intermittent disconnection happen these 2 days.

The 2 Wifi APs show no internet, 

can anyone advice

@Josephine C wrote:

Hi Alam, sometimes connectivity can be affected by high network traffic and other factors. Should you continue to face issues after restarting your router, please send us a PM with your contact number, StarHub Account Number, NRIC and email address so that we can get in touch.  Thank you – Josephine

?

Valued Commentator

I have the same problem just happen a few days ago too. Smiley Sad 

Community Manager

Hi James1668, please PM me with your StarHub Account number, NRIC/FIN no and email address so that we can get in touch and assist you further. Thank you.- Josephine

Respected Commentator

Fustrating right?? Somemore for mine starhub tech guy already came down, dlink changed a new router out of good will. Problem is still not resolved yet.

Somemore now end of year, clearing annual leave. Sometimes at home i have urgent business skype calls, sometimes need to login company software to monitor reports and i get this kind of connections. Waste my money and annual leaves having to go back office.

Highlighted
Trusted Commentator

My StarHub fibre connection also having intermittent connection from Thursday. Sometime it is working fine but sometime it is down or intermittent connection. Call the technical support and they say it is the dlink router issue as doing direct wired connection to the ONT is working fine. Have tested with asus router also having same issue. Half a day can use and other time down. The internet connection is getting from bad to worse. From intermittent connection to completely down. Read from StarHub Facebook visitor post and forum that a lot of people are encountering intermittent internet connection on this few day but StarHub support keep saying is the router issue. Smiley Sad
Senior Commentator

rebooted more than ten times within the last 6 hours. I am 99% sure that it's not a problem from either the wifi connection or modem itself. I can ping to router and its public ip without timeout. but ping to the default gateway and google dns ip keep giving me intermittent timeout.

I should be watching netflix right now and chilling in my couch to enjoy the new year. But right now, i am really stressed that i can't even browse any page without getting timeout. Thanks starhub! what a way to end 2016...

Screen Shot 2016-12-31 at 8.20.06 PM.png

Esteemed Commentator

I'm facing the same issue here at Bedok Reservoir. I'm using a wired connection. Restarting the router and modem was to no avail. There's no timeout when doing a continuous ping to the router and public IP. I'm pretty sure it's not a router issue. It has happened a couple of times with the most recent one back in November.

Senior Commentator

Might be the network are overutilized or some bad router issue on starhub end. Seems like it was specific to only few subnet of starhub public ip only.

Resetting your modem and router thousand times won't solve your issue since you will be getting the same public ip again. The only way to reset your public ip would be to call the CS and have them reset your router IP. but it was a pain to call them. Most of the time, you can spend 30 mins over the phone call without anyone answering your call.

Just want to share on how i resolved the issue. Here are some trick to reset your public IP and i managed to resolve the issue on my end by doing this. This is specific to dlink router only but the important feature is changing your router mac address so you can get a new ip allocation

1. Go to Status --> Device Info, to check your current ip address network. 

2. Then go to Setup --> Manual Internet Connection Setup. In this page, you will find the "Mac Address". Put in some valid mac address number, or easiest one you can just clone your pc mac address. 

3. Normally it would restart your router but you can reset your router manually too if you want to

4. Go to status, device info again to check your newly assigned ip address

It works out really well for me and it solved my intermittent connection issue after it was allocated another pool of ip address

Senior Commentator

anyone tried this?! hope it works!