Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre broadband ......here we go again!

SOLVED
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Fibre broadband ......here we go again!

Really frustrated having to go through this whole awful internet connection experience with Starhub. The usual steps of direct wiring to the modem, doing a print screen and then sending to them the terribly low speed results. The customer has to go thru all of these for their technical support to act. Just waiting for my contract term to end and will certainly consider switching to another carrier. Then again, am not sure if the core provider for the fiber service is the same across the board.  

FYI, I leave the router and modem on and only switch them off/on when I have a problem getting a stable connection. 

I am sure there are others out there with similar experiences.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Respected Contributor
Solution

Re: Fibre broadband ......here we go again! (status 11 Apr)

Freddy kept me posted yesterday on the speed check tests done at the backend. He also arranged for the Dlink router to be replaced (today). SK Tan dropped by on time and replaced the router as well as conducted some tests for the 45mins he spent on the task. He showed me the speed tests and I was pleased to see significant improvement in the speeds (download and upload), i.e. much closer to the 1Gbps I subscribe to. I changed the SSID and passwords to what I wanted to whilst he was around and everything remains operational. SK kept me posted as he ran thru the tests and was a very engaging, i.e. the kind of engineer you wish you had in the first place! So, finally the service is back and perhaps better than what it was with much improvement in the speed.

13 REPLIES
Grand Master

Re: Fibre broadband ......here we go again!

@ednevis

Do remove your personal detail, the address stated, as this is an open forum.

To edit, on the post at the right, next to the time, click on the arrow.

Select  Edit Reply.

Remove the detail and post.

Btw, do you switch off the router when not in use.

For me, the router is on 24/7 as i do not bother about router being overused.

As i do not have connection issue, as the IP is like static permanent to me.

Unless the connection start giving problem, i switch off the Router & ONT.

After many hours, or overnight, then i switch on to check on the IP should be different.

I am not Starhub staff &or related to.

Respected Contributor

Point taken. I leave the devices on all the time unless I hit a snag like this. Tks
Community Manager

Hi @ ednevis,

I understand you're experiencing issues with speed on wired and wireless connections even after the restart of your modem/router.

Do PM me with your account details and e-mail address and I'll arrange for technical assistance. 

- Amy
Respected Contributor

The service remains inoperable. I will wait for the end of day before once again escalating to MDA, with reference to a similar problem I reported to them in March.
Quite unacceptable having this type of outage just a month after the last one.
My details provided.

Respected Contributor

Another day has passed by and I remain without the broadband service.

I received 2 calls yesterday, one late evening requesting I power off/on the modem after a duration of 5 mins. Subscribers will not be surprised by this standard request, besides the screen shots showing the broadband speed! The fact remains, the service outage persists as at this morning and I await that call which I was assured I will  get!

Having exercised patience, I escalated this to IMDA as we, the subscribers, should not expect such poor and unstable service in IT enabled Singapore. 

New Commentator

I am thinking of lodging a police report on lemon products. Told them yesterday that I want a line termination so that somebody else serious in providing the service can take over. Its been 2 days and no solution. Endless passing from one person to the next and them saying there's nothing wrong with the connection from their system.

This is a direct LAN connection to the wall socket for 1GB fibre Starhub subscription. Nah cancel that fibre and change it to .... whats slower than a dial up modem?

ping.jpg

Respected Contributor

I suggest escalating to IMDA. It is likely they will see the trend and take some regulatory action.
Community Manager

Hi @ Fiber Slowwww,

Thanks for taking time to contact us. 

Let us know your StarHub account details, contact number and e-mail via PM and we will be in touch to sort your connection issues out.

- Amy
Respected Contributor

Re: Fibre broadband ......here we go again! (-ve status as at Sat 8th Apr)

The engineer dropped by late last night and after a series of tests, he concluded the fiber modem was faulty and duly replaced it. Unfortunately, it was very late by then and he could not get the 'back end' configuration migrated to the new modem serial number. I was told I would receive a call and that it would be fixed by noon today (Saturday). It is 4.30pm now and I have yet to receive that call and the service remains inoperable. This is the 4th day in a row it is out of service. I wonder if Starhub will compensate for the days lost rather than billing the full month's cost. I will watch and then once again raise with IMDA. Just cannot imagine we get such deplorable service from a local service provider.