StarHub Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Broadband keep disconnecting, Really FRUSTRATED when I participanted teleconference

Highlighted
Senior Commentator

Fibre Broadband keep disconnecting, Really FRUSTRATED when I participanted teleconference

Hi,

After change to optical Fibre broadband service (last Saturday), the connection keep breaking, even I  use LAN cable connect my PC to Dlink router. 

The Skype keep disconnecting every 10mins or so, then logon 1 or 2 mins later. During the 1 or 2 mins, the chrome is not able to open any website. I use Skype for morning teleconference, the randomly disconnecting is really frustrating and reduce the effectiveness. 

Before I change to Fibre, I used cable and never had this problem. Try to call 1633, 20mins no one pick up, so have to give up.

anyone have similar problem? Or anyone know how to fix this? Or I need to change back to cable or other service providers. Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Honored Contributor

Re: Fibre Broadband keep disconnecting, Really FRUSTRATED when I participanted teleconference

I'm having the same problem. It first happened when Starhub was being cyber attcked.

It happened again on 9 Dec and again this morning (13 Dec).

Basically, same symptons, connect for a while then disconnect for a few seconds then come back again. Very irritating.

I did a check on the system log of the router. The error is on the ISP DHCP server. Worst is service staff keeps asking you to reset and check your own equipment when the fault most likely lies in the back end.

I've got no time to do their work and troubleshoot for them. I'm forced to switch to open DNS.

I hope they find out what's the problem soon....

Alumni (Retired)

Re: Fibre Broadband keep disconnecting, Really FRUSTRATED when I participanted teleconference

Hi both, please PM us your subscriber and email details over and we will get our support team to assist you further.

Thank you

Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub.

If my post answers your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button!

New Commentator

I have same issues encountered. Anyone can assist?

Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Mr Thien , how's the connection today? Is it better? If not, please PM me the subscriber's name, NRIC/FIN, email address and contact number. We'll be in touch. - Sofia

Sofia
Honored Contributor

I can't believe it.

After 3 weeks the same thing happened again at 1400hrs today (02 Jan 2017).

I had logged in a case with your call center.

The router reported that "ISP DHCP did not function properly"

I'm now on Starhub Static DNS. It's slow.

How can this keeps happening ??!!