cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Broadband Wifi Dissappointment

Respected Commentator

Fibre Broadband Wifi Dissappointment

Dear Starhub

Being a longtime starhub customer, its been a very disspointing one week of experience after receiving our new Linksys Router AC1900 Router and being upgraded to Fibre Broadband 1000GBPS.

Since 9 Dec till today, we have almost spend lots of time speaking to starhub and linksys staff daily for installing technical updates which only improved wired broadband but our wireless reception is very very bad even sitted next to the router, not to mention our room where speed has snailed to 25mbps, it was better offer using my old homehub 200 plan broadband cable modem, now i could do most of my work which require streaming and data download.

In this week alone, already 2 technicians visited our home trying to figure the issue with no decent results. Our laptops are quite decent with 1gbs ethernet, proper 5e cable, however wifi issues are still not rectified. Today 15 Dec Friday, am still facing super slow speed in my room. This is so much of inconveinece as my room is my office.

Today a technician visited our home and collected more data and informed we will get help soon, i have lots of patience but i decided to share my experience because while we signed during the roadshow, the sales guys over promise to push the 1000gbs starhub service saying, we can receive high speed wifi in our home and room, but in reality the wifi services are very slow. 

I sincerely hope starhub will do justice to resolve the issues immediate

5 REPLIES 5
Alumni (Retired)

Re: Fibre Broadband Wifi Dissappointment

Hi kumar1, thanks for sharing this with us. Do send me a PM with the subscriber's name, NRIC/FIN, mobile and email. Let me check on this. 

Respected Commentator

Followup update on Fiber connectivity status, New Linksys Router AC1900 with 1gbs speed was installed 9 Dec 2017, today is 18 Dec 2017, so far i have 2-3 technicians have visited our home, spoken to numbers starhub and linksys online desk support for hours with firmware updates, puting cables, taking out cables, testing this, testing that, not forgetting the numbers leave days i have to take to resolve the issue. 

After another round of Linksys hotline desktop chating and checkup today, they are now decided to replace the new Linksys router. which make take another 2-3 days, i have to again apply leave wait for the serviceman to replace it. Sometimes, i feel like cancelling the entire service and seek a new service provider, i was much happier with my earlier starhub homehub 200, the roadshow sales guys convinced me higher wifi speed and now i have to go thru so many issues. To be continued.................

Respected Commentator

My saga with unprofessional starhub fiberband service continues into the 2nd week, today is 19 Dec 2017.  My new starhub fiberband router was installed 2 weeks ago on 10 Dec 2017,  today i received direct email from linksys (not starhub) informing that my router P-EA7500 | LINKSYS MAX-STREAM AC1900 MU-MIMO GIGABIT ROUTER is deemed defective which is after  installated 2 weeks ago, and my numerous phone calls, testing, time spend.

Best part, i am requested to personally visit their singapore distributor office to collect the replacement unit. I do not understand why do i have to visit a router distributor company to collect a replacement unit which was supplied and installed by starhub. I signed the contract  with starhub and not linksys. Starhub supplied me a faulty unit, now i have to liaise with Linksys distributor to collect replacement unit. Above all, all this period i am facing bad wifi signal for 2 weeks.

I find this very very unprofessional and a bad after sales from starhub. I hereby with no choice and forced to cancel my long time starhub subscription and seeking a refund for the first month bill charged. I kept much patience but this is totally unfair practice.

Alumni (Retired)

Do let me know the requested details through PM, let me assist you. 

Respected Commentator

Whatsever said and done, we should thank starhub for its in allowing end users to air their frustrations openly in this community platform, its good feedback for them and its good info for the community.

I have decided and informed starhub, 2 days ago that i will not be continuing its sevices anymore. Hope this ends the saga