GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fast, but unstable internet connection

Respected Commentator

Fast, but unstable internet connection

Hi, I just had my fibre internet all set up last week. I stay in an apartment, the termination point is right outside my main door in a small cabinet, along with the Starhub (d-link) router as gateway, and from there I have Cat 5e cables connected directly into my house to another personal router (D-link DIR 655). 

The internet connection is fast, when i did the speed tests it routinely goes to the 100 mbps speed with very low ping (<10ms). However, on casual web surfing, some pages will get "stuck" or time out completely. There's nothing wrong with those webpages, and usually after a couple of refreshes it will load just fine. This occurs regardless of local sites (www.sgcarmart.com) or international sites (us.gamespot.com) for example. 

I do not have this issue when i was on my previous cable broadband plan, leading me to conclude that it cannot be an equipment issue. Does anyone have similar issues and any advice on how to solve this? Its getting very annoying. 

7 REPLIES 7
Android™ Expert

Re: Fast, but unstable internet connection

I face similar issues when I am using google chrome, it is a browser problem.

So you are using DIR-655 WiFi? 

Respected Commentator

Hi Thanks! Using IE 10 helped alot! I still get the problem but its much rarer! I can live with this

Respected Commentator

I'm using wired connection to DIR-655

Respected Commentator

Try to clear you browser history, delete cache, clear cookies and stored information of your browser or easily restore your browser to factory settings,, proxy servers might affect as well your Internet browsing.. you can do this one on the Internet option found on your control panel..

Respected Commentator

Sad ... the problem actually persists regardless of IE10. 

I've tried using InPrivate / Incognito mode, so basically no cache/history etc to clear. Problem is still there. 

Wondering if its my DIR 655 ... ... 

Respected Commentator

you can try contacting the D-Link 24/7 hotline for assistance.. hotline 6501 4280 or 6501 4200