Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facing extremely slow connection to Chinese websites

Highlighted
Trusted Commentator

Facing extremely slow connection to Chinese websites

Like taobao

have been experiencing this for almost a year and last call to the technical helpdesk they mentioned some upgrading to my area and thats causing the issue

it seems like it is getting worse

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Trusted Commentator

Re: Facing extremely slow connection to Chinese websites

whats wrong starhub ? still no response
Highlighted
New Commentator

same here, I'm using 300mbps fibre connetion, cannot open taobao page, i mean i only can open taobao main page, when I search products then show me this: 

This site can’t be reached

store.taobao.com took too long to respond.

it's definitely not taobao's problem, because my friends can use taobao without any problem.

Highlighted
Trusted Commentator

so i am not the only one out there....it affects me because i am doing business on taobao. the experience is like using 56k modem, keeps connection time out.

i have to resort to VPN to route my packets to Hong Kong to get a better connection. In other words, I suspect Starhub is throttling the direct data to China big time 

Highlighted
Trusted Commentator

and i know why other telcos have no problems .... Wireless SG is god speed fast

Highlighted
Trusted Commentator

Its not only just Taobao, its applicable to ALOT of sites in China. BTW i stay in Bedok. Where's your location? Just want to be sure its not the people in this area that gets throttled so bad

Highlighted
Alumni (Retired)

Hi wen79 & Qiyue, 

Please PM us your subscriber and contact details and we will get our support team to assist further. 

Thanks 

Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub.

If my post answers your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button!

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Hi Starhub Support,

My fibre broadband at home also have the same issue here, visiting china sites and Taobao is extremely slow. 

Can you please assist?

Thanks.

Regards,

Jenson

Highlighted
Alumni (Retired)

Hi Jenson

Have you restarted your modem/ONT and router separately to refresh network connection?

If this doesn’t help, please send me your full name, NRIC/FIN number, account details, contact number and email via Private Message and I'll be in touch. 

- Amy