GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of Contract

Esteemed Contributor

End of Contract

I moved to live in my brother's home now, thus I don't need my broadband anymore. Luckily my 2years contract is due today. Can someone tell me the procedure of not renewing broadband contract? Where should I go to return the equipments? 

13 REPLIES 13
Esteemed Contributor

Re: End of Contract

I just been to Starhub shop at Nex@Serangoon to return my D-Link; to my horror I was told there was a disconnection charge of $32.10 I had to pay! I asked why as my 2 years contract matured yesterday, I was told it wasn't Starhub whom charged me, it was actually opennet ... I don't think it's fair though. To say I am disappointed is an under statement. I need an advice please!
Alumni (Retired)

Hi Khewkf99

The disconnection fee is an applicable charge once you terminate the Fibre Broadband service.

Esteemed Contributor

I can't accept this explanation bc I disconnected everything myself! If I needed a technician from opennet to come to my home to do the disconnection then I understand the charge. I just don't see any justification about it. It's not the money actually, it's the principle... Anyone agrees with me here? 

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry I forgot to mention: I did not terminate the service, I just did not renew or recontract after the terms ended, there's a difference! If I terminated bf end of contract then I don't mind paying...
Esteemed Contributor

I hope IDA or CASE can take a look into this rather unfair practice that
tricked lots of consumers into paying all these well-hidden cost.
I have to disconnect everything myself and brought the ONT to Starhub shop
myself and still I have to pay a "disconnection fee"? Outrageous!
I should write to CASE to highlight this issue unless it's waived.
Alumni (Retired)

Can you provide me with your full name, NRIC, contact number and email address via Private Message so that I can assist you better? 

Esteemed Contributor

Try more than 10minutes trying sending details via private message. I think
the PM system is having problems... what's going on starhub?
Esteemed Contributor

At long last PM sent...
Alumni (Retired)

As per check, you line ending with 2668 is still with a contract till 22 March 2020. Terminating it at the moment will result in a Early Termination Charge of $500 before GST.