Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downgrade in speed instead of upgrade when i changed my plan from 500 to 1gb

SOLVED
Esteemed Commentator

Downgrade in speed instead of upgrade when i changed my plan from 500 to 1gb

Hi,

Changed my mom's plan on last friday and was told that there is 5hr downtime on tue (which is yesterday) morning. My wifi speed (download) before downtime is around 190+ mbps with 5gHz (using the new router EA7500 v2 they give me ). After the downtime, my wifi speed drops to 90 + mbps (download) 250+ mbps (upload). Powered down both ont and router, and powered up does not help. Changing to my old asus rt-n66u getting same speed. Called 1633 last evening also does not help. Can someone help? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Alumni (Retired)
Solution

Re: Downgrade in speed instead of upgrade when i changed my plan from 500 to 1gb

Hi @Ethankam, please PM me your subscriber's name, NRIC/FIN, E-mail address and contact number. I'll get the technical support team to assist. Thank you. - Sofia

Sofia

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Alumni (Retired)
Solution

Re: Downgrade in speed instead of upgrade when i changed my plan from 500 to 1gb

Hi @Ethankam, please PM me your subscriber's name, NRIC/FIN, E-mail address and contact number. I'll get the technical support team to assist. Thank you. - Sofia

Sofia

View solution in original post

Esteemed Commentator

Just an update after the technician came :

1) After flushing out previous IPs , Speed is around 800+ direct connected to ont and router (so speed issue resolved , but found that the internet drop sometime thus sometime the speed test does not complete ).

2) Found that connection is intermittent. Ping test to google was around 20+%, 50+% and 90+% packet lost out of 3 test directly connected to EA7500. 0% lost when directly connected to ONT. 

3) change router . Speed test still around 800+ but ping test still failed quite badly. 

Now awaiting the backend to check it out. Personal opinion: think something really wrong with router or i'm just **bleep** suai to get 2 routers that has intermittent connection problems..  

Everyone's Tags (1)
Grand Guru

Have you do update the firmware when you first set up the router, as according to the guide.

As this router is supplied prior to the latest firmware update.

Do follow the guide on the procedure to update the Linksys EA7500 Router firmware.

After completing the firmware, you may need to power off both ONT and Router.

Wait for awhile then power on both devices.

Should the connection is still the same problem, do contact hotline 1633 direct to Broadband Tech support line, not CS.

Request to Refresh your IP and explain your problem.

This should resolve your connection problem.

i am not starhub staff &or related to.

Esteemed Commentator

Just an update after 1 day from technician service, as the technician commented, the router may need some  time to stablise so today i pinged again and it's 0% packet lost on first try. So I take it that it's also resolved. Thanks 

Alumni (Retired)

Glad to hear that. Have a great week ahead.

- Amy