Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DVG-N5402SP

SOLVED
Hub Master

Re: Voice of customer - dissatisfied with DVG-N5402SP WIFI speed

Hey RaeAng

For customers who are using our Digital Voice service, it has to go through the Home Gateway. Furthermore, for customer who are using the Home Gateway that we have provided, it is easier to render assistance when they face any technical issues as we are able to see the connection status.

========================================
Home is where the ♥ is
Honored Contributor

Hi Kaiboon,

Yes, I had password set previously for my old router, but I have reset the router prior to following the procedures.

The observation is that after following the procedure, the D-link (existing router) disappears from the available network, instead only the Linksys (old router) appears-but cannot be connected.

Senior Commentator

Hi KaiBoon,

When you say the Digital Voice service has to go through the Home Gateway, do you mean the DV must be terminated directly on the DVG-N5402SP? How about customers who are still using the motorola IADs? Does the IAD have to be directly connected to the LAN ports on the DVG-N5402SP? Can the IAD be connected on the LAN ports behind another router that is bridged with the DVG-N5402SP?

Hub Master

Hey Tick

Have you enabled DMZ on your D-Link Home Gateway?

Home is where the ♥ is
Hub Master

Hey tiredaddy

For Digital Voice Home service which the service has been tagged to the D-Link Home Gateway, the phone has to be connected to the Home Gateway. If you are using a IAD, most probably you are subscribing to our Digital Voice Global service. For this case, the IAD can be connected to the router that is behind the D-Link Home Gateway.

Home is where the ♥ is
Esteemed Consultant

what is your wireless adapter model, is it a N series?
Android™ Expert

I really gave up on this new Community initiative that Starhub has made. First of all, all the CSO replies are either useless, or just 'computer-like' replies. None of the replies that I have seen is constructive. (At least for the MIF section). Up till now, I still have no idea why they provided us with a sub-standard gateway after so many customer complains. VoIP is just an excuse, they can sought D-link to manufacture a router for them, I don't see why they can't do so with other manufacturers with better quality products, like ASUS.

People, if you have realised these CSOs are trained to answer you in a way whereby they will never give you a proper answer to these questions. They won't admit that the D-link router they have provided can only transmit at 40mbps max. Only solution is to request for direct ONT and live with it, bridging will only mean more wires and power consumption, not to mention data packet loss possibilities. I have been asking the CSO why they have provided us with this lousy router without letting us know, or even providing us with alternative upgrades at our own expenses. They have not answered me for a month already. To us, the customers, this is no difference from a scam.

I am giving serious thoughts of changing all my subscription (MIF, Cable TV, 3 mobile lines) to other service providers. Till then, I can only just live with this.

PS. I totally understand that wireless bandwidth is dependent on the several factors. The bottleneck in this case is the router itself.

Hi IncTeh

Just a quick question..will changing the router to Asus 56u help in the wireless range? Need an improved coverage from the original router in living room.

my wife is really frustrated with the fact that after switching to fibre network, now she can't even access her iPad in the bedrooms.
Android™ Expert

Yes, it will help. For me, the wireless range is not an issue, it is the wireless bandwidth that is irritating.