You can do so on bridge mode.
Will you be kind enough to outline the steps or procedure on what to do -> in order to replace the existing modem with a more capable modem which will help us to realize the band width that we have subscribed?
My family is getting frustrated over the low wifi signals in the bedroom.
I believe more bros & sis will appreciate the detailed steps. Thanks a lot
I'm just same as you, not sure how to do that...
Read somewhere, some users bridge their own router to DVG-N5402SP. So total 3 devices.
Not too sure if we can use own router, connect directly to ONT. No reply for my question previously...
Can i use ONT---> Asus RT-N56U?
As mentioned previously, we would recommend bridging your router to the Home Gateway.
Here are the steps.
1. Plug the router into port (1-4) of D-Link Home Gateway using a LAN connection.
2. Do a direct connection to D-Link Home Gateway with your PC/Laptop and enter (http://192.168.0.1) in your Internet Explorer.
3. Username : admin, Password : password (default).
4. Please Click on "SETUP" - > "Wireless Setup" - > "Wireless Basic" -> Uncheck on "Enable Wireless LAN Interface" -> "Apply".
5. Please Click on "ADVANCED" - > "Firewall and DMZ" - > "DMZ" -> Check on "Enable DMZ" to enable DMZ feature - > Select the WAN Port and input the IP Address of your router on "DMZ Host IP Address" -> Click on "Apply".
6. The process for Bridge Connection(DMZ) is completed.
Hi Kai Boon, thanks for the helpful reply and happy new year 2013.
One followup question. Just to check that I could go ahead and configure the bridge mode, using my old router? It's a Linksys WRT160N V3.
I followed your procedures, and at the end of it, I could not view the wireless network from my original D-link router anymore. instead, I can see the "Linksys" but it cannot be connected at all.
Happy New Year!
Most probably there should not be any issue using Linksys WRT160N.
Did you previously set any password for the wireless network on your old router?
can i know why cant we conect this way ?
ONT <-> ASUS <-> Wireless to Ipad