Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DVG-N5402SP

SOLVED
Honored Advisor

Re: Voice of customer - dissatisfied with DVG-N5402SP WIFI speed

@NosLeD wrote:

1. I am subscribe to both Max Infinity and Digital Voice, can the RT-N66U run Digital Voice?

If need digital voice, either you use,

i) direct ONT to own router for fibre internet and voice-enable cable modem for digital voice or

ii) use SH provided Dlink router for both services in one device

Honored Contributor

Great! I still have my old voice enable cable modem.

So just to confirm, I'll need to call Starhub to relocate my digital voice to the cable modem.

Do I need to inform Starhub regards to the direct ONT to my own router or do I only need to plug in to work.
Valued Advisor

You need to get Starhub to transfer your Digital Voice to your voice enabled modem and also request for direct ONT at the same time.
Honored Contributor

Got it... thanks... Is direct ONT immediate or do I need to wait a few hours/days for it to be done at Starhub end after speaking to them?

Administrator

Direct ONT needs time as we need to work with a third party to make changes
Do contact us so that we can help you quickly
Thanks

Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub Smiley Happy

Esteemed Advisor

A big thanks to sglnx and IncTEh. Even someone with no networking background can finally understand and setup bridging.
The bridging to Asus RT-AC66U was a success. If your laptop can support 5Ghz, you will experience 130+Mbps or more at close range to the router, up from 30+Mbps. In my room, I am getting 100+Mbps or more, up from 20+Mbps. By the way, my Fibre subscription is 150Mbps. And there is no more "dead zone" and thus not necessary for wifi repeater and home plug. The Asus router is certainly worth the price, at least for me. Smartphone and tablet that support 5Ghz will see an increase of speed from 20+Mbps to 70+Mbps at close range to the router.

I have gotten the date for direct ONT set for 15 May and I have transferred the Digital Voice to my old Cisco Modem (from MaxOnline).

Finally, a big, big thanks to sglnx and IncTEh for being so patience with me. I am now a happy Fibre wireless fan.
Honored Contributor

I don't believe it.. I just upgraded my fibre 100 to 150 and went to my HG256S and plug in the LAN cables to connect my laptop to the HG256S to test speed. Surprisingly I could not even connect. WIFI was working fine though.

Thought maybe the problem is with my laptop's network adaptor so I tried a second laptop but still fail.

If its not because of the upgrade, I wouldn't know that the HG256S was already spoilt.

Esteemed Commentator

Hi Kaiboon, can you assist to setup direct ONT if installation is scheduled for 2 weeks later at 20 May 2012?

Honored Advisor

@KeithLee

You have made it finally.

How much did you pay for your ASUS router?

Your iphone 5 can reach the same speed as your ipads?

Android™ Expert

KeithLee,

I'm glad to be of help. For users having S4, you will be able to use wireless AC. Smiley Happy