Highlighted
Trusted Advisor

Re: Voice of customer - dissatisfied with DVG-N5402SP WIFI speed

1-1 swap to dlink dir865l
Highlighted
Android™ Expert

Hi Howard,

We have provided several solutions, like returning for reward points, swapping for dlink dir865l (since they are of same price, I don't see why we can't do so). Supposing we receive our current RG brand new(?) at time of receipt, I'm sure most if not all of us don't mind paying for the depreciation value.

Please don't let another week past by without letting us know any concrete updates, unlike what you promised.

Dear Kai Boon,

Case ID: DCX413936

Thanks

Regards

Highlighted
Android™ Expert

What we want is an official notice, on whether Starhub is accepting returns for the old RG for any forms of compensation. You don't even need to explain why you are not doing so, if you choose not to, cause we will all know what Starhub is thinking. (cost, cost and costs)

Trust me, for everyday you are not officially commenting on this, you are losing potential customers, and also the trust and faith of existing customers.

Dear Kai Boon,

Case ID: DCX413936

MaxInfinite Elite plan (150mbps)

Thanks

Regards

Highlighted
New Commentator

I am one disgusted with this piece of inferior junk, doubly disgusted with SH's response.  I regreted the day I wasted my time behind an unbelievable long queue in the last exhibition.  Just like so many loyal SH HUB customers (I was with SH since the beginning of SCV and cable broadband) taken in by glitsy advert 'upgraded' my 25Mbps Cable to the 150Mbps MIF Elite.  Initially the wireless link was reasonable at around 12Mbps from my old notebook.  However, after a couple of weeks it went downhill since.

Spoke to one CSO about my wireless dropping off frequently and slow speed (hardly 1M from my notebook with an old wifi g.  Her response was 'press the WPS button behind the router'.  I know a bit what the WPS button is for but I ask her how pressing the WPS button can make my probs go away.  I can't understand what she was trying to tell me.  I gave up speaking to her.  After which I try to look for firmware update from DL and SH and instead found this community post and realised I am not alone.

Cheers,

jswei.

Highlighted
Valued Advocate

Hi f_ggie,

I did the same as what you do.

get direct ont and bought EA4500...

The wiereless definitely is much faster but still slower then wired.  Can you share your wireless setting ?

my speed for wired for download is almost 100 but for wireles the highest it goes is around 75 to 80..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Above contain my personal opinions.
Highlighted
Respected Commentator

Hi Aprizal,

It may be your DMZ setting for your main computer. DMZ allows 1 computer to be fully exposed to the internet, thus boosting speed and allowing all gaming ports to be opened as well. This increases your chances of getting hacked and DDOS but that seldom happens.

Go to http://www.linksyssmartwifi.com/->Login->security->DMZ->On->Destination MAC address (this is because your PC's IP may constantly change depending on your router settings)

Highlighted
Android™ Expert

Oh my post was removed because I was violating some rule they have.. Anyway, the link is also in hwz, under same name, please go there for the petition.

Hey Community members

We are definitely hearing you.

========================================
Home is where the ♥ is