Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DVG-N5402SP

SOLVED
Highlighted
Android™ Expert

Re: Voice of customer - dissatisfied with DVG-N5402SP WIFI speed

Hi Howard,

I'm terribly disappointed with the official response from Starhub. We already knew everything that's in the response. What we want to know is if we can return our current RG, in return for the 3000 reward points like those who re contract will get.

Stop giving us false hopes please. Just answer to that question as above.

Hi IncTEh,

I've raised that question separately with the relevant team and will come back to you.

The FAQ was in response to the other questions such as slow wireless speed and the feedback to allow direct ONT, which we have obliged.

Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hi Howard,

After 160+ posts and replies in this thread, what we consumers want to hear is the real solution, not to hear excuses on why the original D-link was selected and its performance limitation.

If you or kaiboon are not the decision makers, please ask your next level management to come here and solve the issues.
Highlighted
Trusted Advisor

Hi starhub,

Your recommended dlink dir865l @$199, our RG dlink dvg-N5402SP is also at promotion price @$199 in SH Web,

Can we do 1-1 swap since same price?

I m more than happy to do that, anyone support?
Highlighted
Trusted Advisor

If starhub say NO, the only reason I can think of is RG dlink dvg-N5402SP @$199 is really overpriced for its performance.
Haha
:-)
Esteemed Commentator

Hi, the DVG-N5402SP is worth about $199 according the starhub ad in the news paper(correct me if i make a mistake), so we should exchange the dlink dir865l for free. Otherwise, we will complain to authority  that the ads is not true.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Good suggestion for 1-to-1 swap!

Before proceeding with this suggestion, SH should examine the performance in case this opens another can of worms. But being dual band, it should hopefully be a better alternative than the existing router!

http://reviews.cnet.com/routers/d-link-dir-865l/4505-3319_7-35371521-2.html

http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/review-d-link-dir-865l-dual-band-router-average-joe/performance-5ghz-...

Highlighted
Trusted Advisor

I agreed with impeller, SH should properly test and qualify dlink dir865l.
Highlighted
Respected Commentator

Speedtest.net - Results.png

Attach: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bmndg5aqzq8dn6r/Speedtest.net%20-%20Results.png

Hi all,

So it all begin with connection problems to game servers (keep disconnecting) and overall home wifi keeps disconnecting requiring a reboot(hard power off of the router) before users can use the internet again.

Called us CSO and they send a guy over to check, replicated the problem and replaced the DVG-N5402SP with a "new" DVG-N5402SP. Problems persisted. I looked around and read up forums, finally decided to Direct ONT and bought a EA4500 Linksys ($150 USD).

Downtime was minimal as upgrading was scheduled by open net at 12am and finished before i returned home after work.

Look at my wifi speeds (30mbps) at the bottom of the image with DVG-N5402SP. Middle of image (100mbps) speeds were when i did a wired connection direct to DVG-N5402SP ports.

Wifi speeds recently at the top of the image after i did a DIrect ONT with my EA4500 Linksys (100mbps) are similar if not equal to my wired connection to DVG-N5402SP. So I achieved the speeds that Starhub originally advertised but without their help and solely through reading and researching on my end.

Now the DVG-N5402SP is sitting in my storeroom collecting dust. That’s all that DVG-N5402SP router is capable of doing, “collecting dust”.

Open net has a policy that the ONT points cannot be in rooms because they need to pull it in from the main door via the corridor. Also the wiring is unsightly and they charge extra over the pre determinate length. Unlike previously, my cable point can sit in my study and users can use a direct lan connection without having to fight over wifi speeds. We do not have that option now, we have to use wifi unless we all use lan cables to run around the house from the living room. That’s why this thread can get this many views and replies over a short period.

I would gladly return Starhub their “new” DVG-N5402SP for the stated $199 in exchange for $199 in credits to offset next months bill.

Starhub i look forward to your reply.

Highlighted
Administrator

Hi all,

We won't be able to do a refund of the DVG-N5402SP.
Please send your details to Kai Boon for us to review for alternatives.

I will be out of town until next Wednesday but I have highlighted your comments to our product and marketing colleagues. Kai Boon will contact you individually if there is any update in my absence.

Thanks for your comments, feedback and suggestions.

Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub Smiley Happy