Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DVG-N5402SP

SOLVED
Highlighted
Trusted Advisor

Re: Voice of customer - dissatisfied with DVG-N5402SP WIFI speed

If i can terminate contract without any penalty, i would have done it long long ago...

For this moment, I will not recommend SH fibre to my friends/relative until this issue has been resolved.

Hi SH, just additional input/ suggestions

1) For customer with higher plan, like MaxInfinity Platinum (200Mbps) & Supreme (1 Gbps), SH really need to work on good router (perhaps 802.11 ad) . Customer may mad at SH if they found that there is not much difference in wireless speed with lower tier plan like Ultimate (100 Mbps) & Elite (150 Mbps) due to hardware limitation. No one will pay premium to get highest wired speed, yet wireless speed is at sub standard.

2) Should start to look into 5GHz frequency band RG/router as 2.4 Ghz is too crowded. 90% of us are staying in HDB, and we cannot avoid "good neighbour policy"

3) Be transparent to publish technical specification (typical download speed, etc) of a device that SH plan to use. MyRepublic has listed technical specification in Asus routers available for customer to select in their web.

4) Go GREEN and no bridging please. Direct ONT with compatible third party routers if customer wish to have higher end router to enjoy better wireless bandwidth.

thanks.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

support, this plan is a trouble for customer

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I also suggest that we may tell our experience to the media so help the other people avoid the trouble.

Highlighted
Valued Advocate

4) Go GREEN and no bridging please. Direct ONT with compatible third party routers if customer wish to have higher end router to enjoy better wireless bandwidth.

I think starhub should be able to do this.

my company is using starhub business plan with fiber optics.

We can use our own routers to connect to the modem without using bridging.

So starhub please allow home user to be able to do so.  I will like to get a better high end wireless routers . 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Above contain my personal opinions.
Highlighted
Administrator

Dear all

We hear you and will be responding officially on StarHub Community within this week. Stay tuned!

Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hi Howard,
Look forward to hearing real solutions from SH which will help solve the issues and problems... i don't think we consumers would want to be short changed, regardless whether we are on 100Mbps, 150Mbps, 200Mbps, 1Gbps, or other plans..

Highlighted
Administrator

Hi Tick,

Yes, I personally agree that tech savvy users like you guys would appreciate flexibility and freedom to use your own high-end router. Smiley Happy

Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Android™ Expert

Hi Howard,

For existing fiber customers, recontracting will receive 3000 reward points instead of the router. Why can't we just return our router for the same amount of points?

Hi,

I've just recontract my two years and upgraded to max Infinity 100mb/s plan and surprisingly I can't enjoy the speed as promised. Everytime I called to SH CSO, they will encourage me to use wired connection. my first question is how am I supposed to plug in the Lan Port to my iPad or other iOS devices?? the last time I checked Apple website, they never sell an iPad with a lan port.. Fyi..

anyway, to mitigate this issue, I purchased another router to bridge the wireless connection and I am really upset because it cost me another $200 for the new router. so total I spend $330 for this plan...  

Seriously, I think SH should really consider to change that useless router (DVG-N5402SP) and offer us a good solution for this.

Totally un-happy customer.

Highlighted
Valued Advocate

Hi Jopiej,

I agreed with you..

Which router you buy to replace DVG-N5402SP ? is there improvement on the wireless ? can tell us the speed improved ?

thanks...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Above contain my personal opinions.