Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DVG-N5402SP

SOLVED
Highlighted
Hub Master

Re: Voice of customer - dissatisfied with DVG-N5402SP WIFI speed

Hey IncTEh

We are currently in discussion and will be providing an update very soon.

========================================
Home is where the ♥ is
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hi KaiBoon, I am glad that you have asked for our opinion.

For me, to solve all these issues and unhappiness, my opinion will be for SH to offer us the option to get a full refund and return the D-link router DVG-N5402SP.  So that the users have a choice to purchase our router of choice which could better match our expectations of the service that we have subscribed.  Simple as that.

-------------

Hey people

I understand that some of you are facing problems or have some concerns.

Feel free to share your opinion with us on StarHub Community. I will do my best to assist you.

Highlighted
Hub Master

Hey Tick

StarHub is definitely listening to the opinions of our customers and we certainly value them.

I will be sharing the point that you have raised during our discussion for our further review.

========================================
Home is where the ♥ is
Highlighted
Android™ Expert

Hi tick,

That will be a solution but I am quite sure that will be their last resort cause it means that they will lose money. They have to choose between pleasing customer or money. Either way, they will lose money, in the long run or short, cause we will definitely change our ISP once the contract is up if they still choose to do nothing.

Kai Boon sent me a PM that no compensation will be provided. My reply PM to him is appended below.

+++++

I thought that this issue could be settled amicably but I am disappointed to hear that StarHub is unwilling to offer any compensation for providing an router that is performing below expectations in terms of WiFi speed. Having to issue this router to customers because of the technological constraints of the router having to support voice functions is simply unacceptable (especially for customers who did not subscribe to voice functions). Although it is generally known that WiFi performance is below that of wired performance, the poor WiFi performance of this router (as compared to mass market routers) was not stated in the contract nor the advertisements. StarHub's management's lack of interest in this matter is appalling as we don't even see a senior manager stepping out to explain.  

In view of the above, I will be considering the next course of action which may include reporting this case to IDA/CASE or highlighting in the print media or other online forums.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Headlines in today's Straits Times - "Broadband speeds here lags behind S Korea, Japan, HK".  Singapore is supposed to be a technologically advanced country???????

Highlighted
Android™ Expert

Instead of monetary compensation, maybe Starhub can do a 1 to 1 swap of the router with a better one? But I doubt that is going to happen in the next few months. Probably gonna take years. If anyone is going to report to IDA/CASE or to mass media, we should do so with a petition or something of sort, to show that it isn't only a single person's point of view. We have been highlighting this for a couple of months, and NOTHING has been done.

Hey KaiBoon

You also said the same thing to me over the phone a few weeks ago. What we want is updates, this is nothing but empty promises.

Another suggestion is to invite us, the customers, to one of your discussions so that your management can hear from us directly. All these can be done, and I am glad to turn up. If Starhub is sincerely wanting to rectify this issue we are facing, Starhub should be doing these.

do you all understand how WiFi work?

I can't believe that you are ranting on slow wifi speed. I am using lan cable for my pc and i dont face any slow speed at all.

Please go read up on wifi before making your comments here.