Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DVG-N5402SP

SOLVED
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Voice of customer - dissatisfied with DVG-N5402SP WIFI speed

Perhaps we need to go more island wide with our concerns - like the Straits Times?  Fibre optic should be the best.  Currently it's working like an old fashioned modem.................

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I am stuck to pay the monthly $128 with the so called free MBP..... I was expecting to get the faster bandwidth for my family's devices....iPad, DS etc... But who knows that we are repeatedly recommended to use wired connection as a solution?!? Does StarHub done a market study that many people nowadays are using wireless devices? Can a family of 4 pull cable and work from the connection modem?? Come on!!

Highlighted
Esteemed Consultant

Hi SH, I went through Dlink website and I came across this page inside DLink : http://www.dlink.com.sg/awards/, you will be surprise that DVG-N5402SP is missing from here. why can't SH choose of of this routers from here, i am sure it will have greater improvement than the current one.

Highlighted
Trusted Advisor

From Huawei HG256s, now D-link DVG-N5402SP, all problematic, what is next?

For customers who opt out VoIP service, shld we allow to use normal wireless router through direct ONT?

Highlighted
Trusted Advisor

D-link does make good router, but not this Home Gateway model specially for starhub.

Highlighted
Trusted Advisor

Any escalation channel?

Don't bother to call D-link or starhub for help nowadays...
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

What is the use of paying premium for 200 Mbps service when the wireless router can only deliver ~50 Mbps?  Should people just subscribe to the lowest requirement, at most 100 Mbps....anything beyond is a overkill (if you don't intend for wired connection)?  Should this be made known, and not in fine print??

Esteemed Commentator

Hi, I called SH last week for connection ONT directly due to the lousy WIFI and SH activated it. However, the CSO service officer told me later that the DVG 5402SP can't be used as a second router because there is a pre-set on it. I want to return, he told I can't return because it is free. How can like that?

Highlighted
Android™ Expert

Hi KaiBoon,

Instead of rectifying the issues one by one, maybe you can just give everyone a temporary solution to the poor wifi capabilities of the provided router. And also, please do update us on the status with the discussion within your teams.

I doubt that there could be any temporary solution with this particular router. If firmware updates can solve the problem, it would have been proposed long ago. Furthermore, SH has quoted the technical limitations due to the need to have an "All In One".

Moving forward, the only way to go:

1) Bridging with ANOTHER router

2) Direct ONT with ANOTHER router

3) Use wired connection (Impractical but SH's favourite response)

Anybody want to set up Facebook group account to band together subscribers who are facing this issue? Also, to alert potential subscribers to be prepared to fork out extra to pay for better routers or face the inconveniences of wired connection.

Besides writing to the mainstream media, someone else suggested writing to IDA also. How about CASE, is this a case of "lemon law"? How about writing to the CEO (Mr Neil Montefiore) or COO (Mr Tan Tong Hai)?