Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DVG-N5402SP

SOLVED
Esteemed Advisor

Re: Voice of customer - dissatisfied with DVG-N5402SP WIFI speed

Hi IncTEh,

I decided to get the Asus RT-AC66U that you have recommended. It is really costly but I have to think long term. The review for D-Link DIR-865L haven't really been great too. To think that competitor are offering Asus RT-AC66U as the router rather than giving sub-standard router. My discussion with StarHub have not been great as there is no leeway on some credit off the $199 router (D-Link DIR-865L) they recommended. http://community.starhub.com/t5/Internet-General/FAQ-The-D-Link-DVG-N5402SP-Home-Gateway/td-p/8138 Can you recommend where is the best place to get this Asus RT-AC66U?

Android™ Expert

Hi KeithLee,

They are easily available in Challenger or Sim Lim Square. There is no big difference in price as they are relatively new. Alternatively, you can consider TP Link routers. I am using TL-WDR4300, it gave me comparable results with the DIR-865L and it only cost about $100.

SLS 5th floor best computer, u can check around b4 goto this shop, u will know the price different, i got my RT-N66U at $239
Esteemed Advisor

Alright IncTEh, I will still get the Asus RT-AC66U. I need a strong range too. After getting Airport Express, I am quite weary of getting another mid range router. I will go for the best like what you recommend. So I can find this in Challenger. Great. By the way, can I just call to do direct ONT or I must go down to StarHub?

Android™ Expert
Solution

You can just pm KaiBoon your details like maxinfinity account number, your nric number. stating that you wanna go for direct ont.

View solution in original post

Esteemed Advisor

Hi IncTEh,

Got it. Thank you to everyone in this community including Kai Boon (although the discussion hits a dead end). I will be getting the router and hopefully, this will solve the issue once and for all. Thanks for all the kind messages and patience.

Honored Advisor

@IncTEh wrote:
Hi KeithLee,

They are easily available in Challenger or Sim Lim Square. There is no big difference in price as they are relatively new. Alternatively, you can consider TP Link routers. I am using TL-WDR4300, it gave me comparable results with the DIR-865L and it only cost about $100.

The cheapest TL-WDR4300 I can find is $125. Care to name the place that is selling at $100, PM if it's not convenient to 'broadcast' aloud.

Thanks.

Honored Advisor

@KeithLee wrote:

Hi IncTEh,

I decided to get the Asus RT-AC66U that you have recommended. It is really costly but I have to think long term. The review for D-Link DIR-865L haven't really been great too. To think that competitor are offering Asus RT-AC66U as the router rather than giving sub-standard router. My discussion with StarHub have not been great as there is no leeway on some credit off the $199 router (D-Link DIR-865L) they recommended. http://community.starhub.com/t5/Internet-General/FAQ-The-D-Link-DVG-N5402SP-Home-Gateway/td-p/8138 Can you recommend where is the best place to get this Asus RT-AC66U?

IEEE 802.11ac is still in development stage, ie. draft 5.0 only, not finalised yet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEEE_802.11ac

Why don't you request for direct ONT and test how's your Airport Express performing then decide if you really need that expensive gadget.

Unless you're transferring/sharing files (wirelessly) between your computers alot then may consider.

Highlighted
Honored Advisor
Solution

@KeithLee wrote:
I am stuck with a brand new airport express bought 2 days ago as my attempt to bridge failed badly. Thanks for your patience.

Care to tell how did you do it?

Maybe you could try this and see if it works?
(Assuming you're using the default DLINK IP address 192.168.0.1)
You'll have to disable DHCP server on the Airport Express (AE) and make AE as an DHCP client using the Airport Utility.

1. Connect your setup as shown:

Connection between Airport Express & Dlink Router is LAN-to-LAN (ethernet cable)

Connection between PC & Dlink Router is by ethernet cable too.

AirportExpress3.png

2. Can your Airport Utility detect your Airport Express in this setup?

View solution in original post

Honored Contributor

Sorry I'm new to this community. I am planning to purchase the Asus RT-N66U to replace the Huawei device from Starhub. Have a few questions which I was hoping someone here can help me with.

1. I am subscribe to both Max Infinity and Digital Voice, can the RT-N66U run Digital Voice?

2. Please help me with the setup if possible.

Thank you.