cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DVG-N5402SP

SOLVED
Esteemed Advocate

Re: Voice of customer - dissatisfied with DVG-N5402SP WIFI speed

Please tell us the make and model number of your "new ONT". Is it Huawei HG8240?
Senior Commentator

Yes it it Huawei EchoLifr HG8240.

Highlighted
Esteemed Advocate
Solution

No, you cannot use the DVG 5402.

You may use any other wireless router configured as an AP to extend your coverage. See page 11-12 of your 865 manual for details.

View solution in original post

Senior Commentator

ELYap,

I have configured the Dlink DVG-N5402SP according to the instruction on Pages 11-12 of 865L and connect DVG-N5402SP (LAN)  to Dlink 865L (LAN) and the DVG-N5402SP can extend coverage both wired and wireless.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Respected Commentator

I have been having real issues with DVG-N5402SP with my starhub fibre..I am planning to buy the new dlink dir 890L.. I have a datapoint in my other room wall..I will use 890L as the main connected to my fibre modem and then access my laptop using 5402sp through datapoint lan.. Will this work? Thanks
Nax
Honored Contributor

Are u using digital voice? If no, u can ask StarHub to release the 5402 and u can connect 890L directly from ONT...
Respected Commentator

Yes I am using digital voice..I will call starhub..will I be able to bridge 890l with 5402 through datapoint outlet in my other room Before I buy 890l..
Nax
Honored Contributor

My advice is
if u r going to get such a high end router like 890L, get a VeCM from StarHub and let your 890L become the main router... Throw the 5402 away...

I don't want your data to be bottleneck by 5402 to your 890L...
Respected Commentator

Thanks for your suggestion..yes I am planning to have 890l as the primary router..but i thought i could take advantage of the datapoint in my other room for connecting through Lan, which will be much faster than WiFi..Is that right?
HPL
Respected Contributor

Came across this subject. I didn't realize how true this is till today. My advice is to literally throw the DL DVG-N5402SP away and replace it with direct ONT(HG8240) and the free DL 865L. Today at 10.45am this was done and I am having wifi at heavenly speed.
Have been tolerating low wifi speeds for a long time. Decided to take the plunge ie. Getting Starhub to replace my ont with a direct ont(HG8240) + D Link router 865L. At 10.45pm Mr Andy Ong arrived. Very professional & fast. Finished installing the direct ont,router & digital voice in 30 minutes. Everything worked perfectly. The digital voice could be used immediately. NO Downtime. My iMacs & iphones work with wifi speeds that I have never seen before in my 4-levels place. DL5ghz 193/121 ; DL2.4ghz 50/56 ; old setup using DVG5402SP 9.88/9.93.
Reading all the adverse comments in the Starhub community website got me very apprehensive.Thankful that it turn up well.
Made my day. Thank You Starhub & Andy.