GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNS server down

Honored Contributor

DNS server down

I have something important to do now and SH DNS server is down for the past half an hour!
8 REPLIES 8
Valued Commentator

Re: DNS server down

internet down sucks when u have impt things due. . sorry to hear it is happening to you now.. starhub pls do something quick. ... I was thinking what is wrong with the Internet all of a sudden
New Commentator

Use Google's DNS and it works well: 8.8.8.8

More info here: https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using

Senior Commentator

Me too. I waiting for a live show which start at 1am in Singapore times zone. Now cannot watch how?
The Google DNS is too difficult for me to understand how it work. But the why isn't the Starhub helpline is open for 24hr one? All fall asleep?? I holding the phone for the pass 30min and there is no one answering. "Our customer care consultant are still busy, you may continue to hold and we will attend to your shortly. Thank you"

I hope my 3G in iPad can use to watch the live show but I guess hard..........
Senior Commentator

Yes, MaxInfinity is down, unable to resolve Name services. This is the 4th times within May on StarHub maintenance. This round is worst, no early warning at all.

Notes: Been forced to click "LIKE" before I could use the Community.
Administrator

Hi guys

Sorry for the inconvenience
We have checked with our engineers and the service is up already
We do have a 24-hour hotline
However, when something unexpected like this happen, we will get overwhelmed by calls.
Thanks for your understanding

Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub Smiley Happy

Valued Commentator

Re: TCP IPv6 and TCP IPv4

Hi 

I am on MaxInfinity Fibre Broadband.

May I check if I am supposed to see internet connection for both TCP IPv6 and TCP IPv4? Before I used to have connections to both; however late last night, DNS server had no connection and subsequently, I noted that I now only have TCP IPv4 connection.

In addition, I am only able to access selected websites eg. can access google but not yahoo after that. Is this problem connected to the fact that I don't have TCP IPv6 connection?

If yes, how do I get back TCP IPv6 connection?

Valued Commentator

yes.. i find the forced to 'like' before we could use the community has taken away our option to choose whether if we want to like it or not. not very wise starhub.... seems like you are a dictator in the making.
Administrator

Re: TCP IPv6 and TCP IPv4

Hi Goldie,

We are still using IPv4.

Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub Smiley Happy