GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

D-Link DIR-865L

Honored Advisor

Re: D-Link DIR-865L

Just wondering those with digital voice.. How to?
I also want to use only 865, but my digital voice how?

Esteemed Commentator

We strongly advise our community manager reflect the voice ont issue to relevant dept to review, as we can see they already successfully implemented a new 875L router to replace the dlink 5402sp router.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Eronec wrote:

Just wondering those with digital voice.. How to?
I also want to use only 865, but my digital voice how?

Make a request to SH to get a free VeCM and go on Direct ONT.

ie Digital Voice on VeCM and Internet on Fibre. Dlink 865L connects direct to the ONT without DVG5402. 

Senior Advisor

Hi Kon_sg,
Do we need to configure to switch automatically for 2.4 or 5GHZ? or it has to be manually set? Thanks
Respected Contributor

Hi, I have a few questions about this promotion:

1) Is this promotion valid for new customers or existing cable customers going to Fibre?

2) Is the AC Dual-band router actually the DIR-865L?

3) What would to setup be to avoid poor wifi performance?

Thanks.

Home Networking Expert

@DreamerChin wrote:
Hi Kon_sg,
Do we need to configure to switch automatically for 2.4 or 5GHZ? or it has to be manually set? Thanks

It's your choice? and also depends whether your wifi device supports it... typically you can set different SSID for 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz, so you will have to configure your wifi device to connect to each of it.

I like my life simple so I configure them to be on same SSID, let the device to auto-switch on it's own based on range/signal (i have >1 router/wifi ap at home), so i really need them to auto switch seamlessly... else I will tio nagging why no network Smiley Tongue

Honored Advisor

Yes..! Please give us VeCM for Digital Voice and use only 865L. We can return 5402 to StarHub Smiley Tongue
Honored Advisor

Hi all,

By any chance, has anyone tried the file sharing capabilities of the DIR-865L?  Can it share files over a LAN or Internet via Samba, FTP, etc.?

Alternatively, how well does the SharePort app over http port 8181 work?  (I assume that port is not blocked by StarHub.)

D-Link's own helpdesk is pretty hopeless ... they only know about their SharePort app which may not be available on all platforms.

They also don't know why there are different manuals describing different features on the same router.

1. ftp://dlink.com.sg/DIR-865L/DIR-865L_A1_Manual_v1.00(DI).pdf  StarHub-specific version?

2. http://www.dlink.com/-/media/Consumer_Products/DIR/DIR%20865L/Manual/DIR865LA1manual070312v10EN.pdf

The first version of the manual does not describe any functionality regarding Windows Filesharing or SAMBA support.  But the second does.  And the two manuals are released a day apart and refer to the same hardware revision versions.

Eventually, it took more needling before I got them to tell me they should be able to support connecting to a USB-attached disk via the command: \\192.168.0.1\

And D-Link's tech support still told me to call their sales team to double check the information they gave me.

Thanks,

sChen

Esteemed Commentator

I signed for the Fibre broadband during the previous IT show (June 2013). Am I eligible to swap my old router to new DIR-865L router?

Senior Contributor

Any recourse for existing unlucky loyal customer who are not being selected for the trial, whether can a) we recontract without being penalise, b) loan DIR-865L for two years or any other offer that is a win win situation for both sides.