GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

D-Link DIR-865L

Valued Contributor

Re: D-Link DIR-865L

I had also reset the button on the router using a paper clip... it was a 10sec reset that rebooted the entire router.

Apparently, no luck too.
Grand Guru

Maybe check the label under the router, to compare to mine.

H/W Ver.: A1   F/W Ver.:  1.04

This is best i assist you.

Respected Contributor

Have u tried upgrading the firmware of the router? I upgraded the firmware and it is working fine now.

https://sg.mydlink.com/download#

there is a firmware for starhub users only.

Respected Advocate

@Jack2424, if updating of firmware still couldn't solve the issues, perhaps it would be better for you to contact the manufacturer and see if they're able to assist you.

Alternatively, you can purchase a new router from external vendors and it should solve your issues.

“Dogs are wise. They crawl away into a quiet corner and lick their wounds and do not rejoin the world until they are whole once more.”
—Agatha Christie
Respected Contributor

@SuperDog yes upgrading of the firmware did help me and hopefully it would help u too @Pauche

Respected Advocate

@Jack2424, Oops! sorry my bad! didn't realised that.

“Dogs are wise. They crawl away into a quiet corner and lick their wounds and do not rejoin the world until they are whole once more.”
—Agatha Christie
Valued Contributor

hey guys, thanks for the input.  My firmware had been upgraded from 1.06 to 1.07 (latest).

I did another full reboot of the router, the ONT, and the PC.  I also unplugged all cables, and reconnect back.

Did a speed test again, and it shows....................

.......................... still 100mpbs... Smiley Sad

Grand Guru

@Pauche

Have Starhub technical staff come to your location to check.

Get an appt for the technical staff to your location.

Request to the CS (for appt) to ask the technical staff to bring along both ONT & Router.

If their ONT & Router work, then accept it.

Valued Contributor

I have logged a ticket with Starhub for follow up.

Thanks all!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: D-Link DIR-865L ---> Google WIFI Mesh

Hi Moderators (Howard & company)

Its been awhile, eversince we were first asked to test out this DIR-865L in 2013 before its rollout.

Even though I'm on Fibre 200 plan and even had visits by Starhub Troopers as well as D-Link supports to my home, my connection average 10-30 Mbps which we have been living with and allows my family have decent surfing.  Reasons given were multi walls, near cordless phone, speakers, TV and mirrors in home that causes the low connection.

We have bought and & upgraded several Powerline Home plugs in order bring connectivity into our rooms (HDB 5 Rooms; how big and complex can it be?)  Hitting 100 Mbps is a rarity even in front of router DIR-864L.

Now that StarHub has partnered Google to launch Google Wifi (Mesh), It will be great that StarHub remembers us the Loyal users from ion years and offer us an 'Unforgettable Deal' to compensate or reward us for the unpromised and elusive High Speed connection and Surfing all these YEARS!

StarHub, do not discount all of us as you have witnessed the agonies all your subscribers have suffered.

I've not upgraded to your 1GB Fibre plan even after several promotion offers/telecalls as I will not be able to enjoy any faster connectivity in my humble HDB home.

Now, how about bundling it with our Re-contracting to 1GB Fibre (no additional cost) instead of making us pay additional $15 X 24 = $360.00.

Wow, I hear many subscribers CHEERING already!

Humbly anticipating Good News.

Yours faithfully,

JYYK