cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Problems with Nintendo 3DS

Highlighted
Trusted Commentator

Connection Problems with Nintendo 3DS

I got myself a 3DS some time back and I could connect it to my home broadband (Model No. DCM-604) like a charm but after I changed my internet to fiber optic I had to change it to my router (Model No. DVG-N5402SP) I could never connect my 3DS to the internet. I contacted Nintendo and they couldn't solve the problem. DLink denies its their problem and Starhub says its not theirs as well. Could anyone with a 3DS help me out with this problem??

9 REPLIES 9
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Connection Problems with Nintendo 3DS

Hi Julien,

Could you verify that your 3DS has the capability to connect to a Wireless - N or a Wireless - AC router ?

As i know, DCM 604 is a Wireless G network, it could be that the 3DS is not able to connect N or AC network, then you would need to set the wireless type to either Wireless G or Wireless N (IF it is supported)

Regards
Windows™ Phone Expert

The Nintendo 3DS cannot connect to a Wireless-N or Wireless-AC network. Ensure your DVG-N5402SP has been set to broadcast Wireless-B/G.
-----
Windows Phone / 8 Developer | Technical Evangelist | Content Writer at Spiffy.sg | @ReignOfComputer
Trusted Commentator

Here's where I'm at now. I tried all kinds of connections and security style like the b/g/n connection stuff and all the WEP/WPA/WPA2 formats. None of them seems to work and I keep getting the same error code (003-2101) same goes with other 3DS'. I tried following guidelines from the Nintendo site (http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na/routers/compatible.jsp#vers) and it also doesn't seem to work. I'm very sure that there's something about the router settings that I'm not tapping into so please help me out here. Thanks:]

Also, if it helps, I'm on MaxInfinity with 150mbps.

Valued Commentator

Same problem here. Did everything I can find on the internet and other solutions in this forum but nothing works.
Didn't have this problem until I switched to MaxOnline
Esteemed Consultant

Maybe you want to use back your old Router. Just do a bridging from the new router to your old one. Probably Might work.
Trusted Commentator

I don't have my old router anymore and I tried using WPS connection, again doesn't work. Nintendo ask me to try using the DMZ and still doesn't work. I'm seriously busting my balls to work this thing out and DLink can't do crap about it and so is the dang Starhub operators who forced me into getting this expensive yet worthless piece of equipment that is DVG-N5402SP.

Esteemed Consultant

So sad to hear that your Router

@Julien wrote:

I don't have my old router anymore and I tried using WPS connection, again doesn't work. Nintendo ask me to try using the DMZ and still doesn't work. I'm seriously busting my balls to work this thing out and DLink can't do crap about it and so is the dang Starhub operators who forced me into getting this expensive yet worthless piece of equipment that is DVG-N5402SP.

is no longer with you. maybe you might want to go to ebay to get one used one. Normally the old router is not selling that expensive.

New Commentator

I feel you. I can't connect to my wifi using the exact same router model for my 3DS. After I switch to Fibre actually caused more problems, and the 'increased' speed was like, a decrease instead. Would like to actually get an answer from Starhub. I have no trouble connecting to the wifi at my friend's house which is SingTel so it seems to be a Starhub issue.

Windows™ Phone Expert

Hi, kindly ensure that SafeSurf is turned off. Do contact StarHub Customer Care if you are not sure how to do so.

SafeSurf's Login Portal is at: http://safesurf.starhub.com/VCRLS/login.cgi?cb=http%3A%2F%2Fsafesurf.starhub.com%2FPCF%2Fpublic
-----
Windows Phone / 8 Developer | Technical Evangelist | Content Writer at Spiffy.sg | @ReignOfComputer