GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Congrats, StarHub! Thanks for the most frustrating experience I've had with ANY company thus far...

Esteemed Commentator

Congrats, StarHub! Thanks for the most frustrating experience I've had with ANY company thus far...

First off, a disclaimer. The following is a bit of a rant so I'm not looking for a solution or anything. I don't think the spelling and grammar are going to be too great either because I'm basically just putting it out there right now...as is. So pretty much, I just had a horrible experience and I hope that writing the story down can offer me some amount of catharsis. The amount of frustration that I currently have will potentially blow up my head clean off if I don't release this pent-up anger. Ok, here goes...

This all started on July 14th when I received an email with the subject title of "Receive 100Mbps Fibre Broadband at No Monthly Subscription." As appealing as that sounded, I wanted more information on the promotion so I proceeded down to the nearest StarHub Shop. However, I realized very quickly that the person assisting me was pretty much clueless and could not provide additional details not already contained in the email. She mentioned that StarHub employees working at the shops were not able to elaborate on online promotions as they were handled by different departments and although that was a bit surprising to me, I figured that I would just have to call.

When I called StarHub, they informed me that my unit did not have a Termination Point yet and that I had to make two appointments before my MaxInfinity could be up and running: one to have NetLink Trust come in and install the TP and one for the StarHub technician to install and activate my fibre broadband. The appointments would have to be scheduled on different days which was inconvenient but it's fine...I would just have to plan things out accordingly. So far, so good, right?

The NetLink appointment was scheduled for July 29th at 9-10:45am and I was extremely pleased that on that day, they knocked on my door at 8:55am. My next appointment was scheduled for today at 4-6pm so not wanting to risk being late and making the technician wait, I took time off work. Of course, as you can probably guess, StarHub was a no-show.

I called StarHub to explain my predicament and the first service representative I spoke to, quickly mentioned that they had my details on file but that they would have to call me back. Huh? But I just wanted more information on why the technician had not come to my place at the agreed upon time. Instead of being helpful, the representative insisted that she would have to call me back. As of 8:10pm...she has yet to do so. Honestly, I felt that she just wanted me to get off the line and that's highly unprofessional. Before she answered my call, I was on hold for 20+ minutes so the very least you can do is hear me out...your "valued" customer!

At around 6:40pm, I had a feeling that she wasn't going to call me for a long while so I called them again. The second service representative was more helpful than the first one and actually seemed like he wanted me to stay on the line so he can offer me more information. And information he definitely gave! I was told that the reason why the technician did not come today was because when I made the appointment the first time around (on July 25th)...the StarHub representative arranged it for July 3rd instead of August 3rd!!! Are you kidding me??? The confirmation email she sent me has it as August 3rd in black and white. So, that was definitely enough to piss me off...what's really infuriating is that the first service rep I called today should have those details but instead of telling me that the meeting was incorrectly scheduled, would rather just hang up on me. The second service rep told me that he would email the technicians (they don't have a direct line apparently?) and will call me back later. It's been an hour and a half and still no phone call.

Ok, there's more in between but my fingers are tired, I'm hungry and I don't want to think about this nonsense anymore. I'm just appalled by the level of customer service and the carelessness of setting up appointments. I have a day-job and it's not everyday I can be home in the late-afternoon. And I wanted my fibre broadband set up before the 4-day weekend but I highly doubt that will happen now. Honestly, StarHub...you guys really take the cake for worst customer experience ever. Thanks for wasting my time today.

TLDR: StarHub messed up on the appointment of my fibre broadband installation and were unhelpful when I called them. Just awful, awful experience...worst EVER!!!

10 REPLIES 10
Honored Contributor

Re: Congrats, StarHub! Thanks for the most frustrating experience I've had with ANY company thus far

Yes SH by far have the worst customer service. 

Esteemed Commentator

Re: Congrats, StarHub! Thanks for the most frustrating experience I've had with ANY company thus far

It's now the next day at 11:30am and I still haven't received a call back from either of the two agents that said they would.

You know, this started as a rant but now I would like some answers. If we're really valued customers as you claim, why do you treat us like garbage??? I really hope someone from StarHub would jump in...would love to hear their perspective on this.

Administrator

Hi @Treivax

I'm sorry for the trouble you've gone through
I'm getting Customer Service to check on your case immediately!

In any case, if you need to, please feel free to PM me

Thanks

Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub Smiley Happy

Esteemed Commentator

Hi @Howard Toh, thanks for the reply. One of your customer service representatives PM-ed me three times yesterday afternoon and assured me that help was on the way:

(At 1:35pm yesterday) Referring to your post -> http://community.starhub.com/t5/MaxInfinity-Fibre-BroadBand/Congrats-StarHub-Thanks-for-the-most-frustrating-experience-I-ve/m-p/122338#M10023 Can i have your subscriber details? Let me look into it.

(At 2:01pm yesterday) Thank you for your reply. Let me arrange callback and follow up from our sales side by today.

(At 2:36pm yesterday) Sure. Have informed our sales team regarding the callback timing.

Well, I just checked my phone's call log and as of 11:21am the next day...I HAVE STILL NOT BEEN CONTACTED. Why give us a false sense of hope when you're just setting your customers up for disappointment? YOU tell ME, what do you intend to do with this information? I have NEVER been this frustrated with any company's level of ineptitide when it comes to helping its customers...just absolutely ridiculous!!!

Administrator

Hi @Treivax

I have just forwarded this to the team again to check
Let me come back to you once I get a reply
Thanks for your patience

Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub Smiley Happy

Administrator

Hi @Treivax

I was informed that they have contacted you
Thanks for your patience!

Highlighted
Esteemed Commentator

Hi @Howard Toh,

Yes, the technician did eventually come by last Thursday afternoon but honestly, this entire experience was an extremely unpleasant one. I would like to provide you with some feedback...which you may or may not take...but I'm hoping it's the latter since your customers will probably appreciate it if you implemented a few changes:

1. Not allow your system to schedule appointments in the past: Honestly, I don't understand why your system would allow this to happen. Even if human error were to occur like in my case, if the system had restricted when appointments can be made for (eg. on July 25th, you should not being able to schedule an appointment for July 3rd), this whole problem wouldn't have snowballed.

2. Ensure that the customer service reps are ACTUALLY helpful and call back as promised to the customer: This is honestly the root of most of my frustration. Being put on hold and listening to elevator music for 20 minutes before a human actually talks to you is part and parcel of calling customer support...we all get that. But once a customer service representative is speaking with you, he/r should at the very least, *pretend* to be concerned about your problem. I wish I had taken down the name of one of the reps that "helped" me because she is the type of person that should NOT be doing customer service. And don't promise to call back if you don't intend to. Actually treat your customers with respect and you'll be surprised with the ROI you receive.

Alright, I guess that's it from me. Thank you and I sincerely hope that when/if I call customer support again, my experience will be a lot better than this one.

Administrator

Hi @Treivax

1. I am just as shocked to hear that an appointment was arranged in the past. This must never happen. I will ask the relevant team to check and follow up on that.

2. I agree. You are totally right to expect at least a reasonable level of service and to get your issue resolved. I would expect that myself too! I'll follow up with Customer Service on my end to identify the staff, review the call and suggest ways to improve. 

Please send me a PM if I can help you further. 

Thank you!

Trusted Commentator

This happen to me also. When i re-contract , your salesperson told me SH installation and activation date on 17 Sept 2015 4pm to 6pm. I wait untill 7pm and no one showed up , so i called 1633 and your CSO told me that my actual appoitment date on 17 Oct 2015 , luckily your CSO help me re-arrange the appointment date to next Wednesday at least better than 17 Oct 2015. 

Everyone's Tags (1)