StarHub Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't received my emails via Hotmail and weak wifi speed after upgrade to 1GBPS Fibre

New Commentator

Can't received my emails via Hotmail and weak wifi speed after upgrade to 1GBPS Fibre

After i swtiched to the 1GBPS fibre on 22 Dec 2018, i cant receive my emails for my Hotmail account and the WIFI signal is like 170-200mbps... i called up Starhub on 27 Dec and the lady helped me to solve the problem.  When i asked her about the speed, she didnt say anything but just asked me to monitor.

Same problem happened again 2 days later i.e. 29 Dec and so i decided to call Starhub again.  This time, a guy answered and he said he can't do anything and its the router problem.  He said all he can do is to call up Linksys and check and to call me back.  I told him i called 2 days ago about the same problem and the nice lady was able to resolve it.  This guy insisted he can't do anything.  He didnt call back at all.

Now, i am an IT retard.  i have search this forum and saw quite a number of people having issues with the fibre broadband and the advice from helpful users but i donno how to troubleshoot or the technical stuff they were talking about... i use my mobile to test the speed via WIFI using starhub website and the speed is only 100+, max 200.... but i've signed up for 1GBPS..... haiz... just hope someone can help me to resolve this once & for all..... Thank you

1 REPLY
Community Manager

Re: Can't received my emails via Hotmail and weak wifi speed after upgrade to 1GBPS Fibre

Apologies for the delayed response due to high volume of enquiries. Please PM us the subscriber name, registered Hub ID / email address, service address and mobile number by clicking >> HERE, we’ll arrange for assistance.