cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEWARE: STARHUB is the MOST PATHETIC of Fibre broadband vendors

Respected Contributor

BEWARE: STARHUB is the MOST PATHETIC of Fibre broadband vendors

Hi All,

I am an unfortunate Starhub broadband customer like many of you. (For the full sad story, jump to the end)

The unfortunate story started when they offered a free upgrade to fibre 4 months back. They managed to convince me somehow that it's useful to me. And then the troubles began. 

Started a series of phone calls to set up appointment and cancel appointments because of 'some technical issue'. I dealt with it patiently for about 2 months that it went on, since my existing cable broadband was working ok. I SHOULD HAVE TAKEN IT AS A WARNING SIGNAL and dropped the idea to go ahead with fibre. Alas !! 

Then I had to change my address and faced the most horrifying experience ever.. It's been about 20 days, innumerable calls, emails, facebook posts and I DO NOT HAVE ANY INTERNET re-instated at my new place.. When it already has fibre connectivity and needs simple coordination and flicking of switches to get it working. 

STARHUB HAS NO CUSTOMER ESCALATION PROCESS. -->. They promise that I will get a callback from a superior, but that never happens

THERE IS JUST NO SENSE OF RESPONSIBILITY WITHIN THE STARHUB CUSTOMER CARE. They just keep on repeating memorized sentences like a robot. 

STARHUB CUSTOMER CARE AND RELOCATION TEAM WORK ON DIFFERENT PLANETS. No coordination between them. Customer care points me to relocation team for some query. The relocation team tells me to call 1630 ??? Can't these guys figure it amongst themselves ? 

THEY HAVE NO CORDINATION WITH ONE NET. For every delay and goof up, they blame onenet. 

Appointments get cancelled --> ONENET IS TO BLAME.

Onenet guys turn up without appointment --> ONENET is to blame

STARHUB DOES NOT KNOW WHAT ONENET is doing --> onenet is to blame

After onenet completes their job, starhub guys visit my place adn tell me onenet screwed up. they didn't path up properly.. Guess WHAT ?? ANOTHER WEEKS DELAY ?? --> Onenet is to blame

IF STARHUB CANNOT manage a simple thing, why do they bother to be in this business ? Just to cheat unsuspecting customers ? Guys, have some shame and give up this business. 

July 16:. After 2 months of calls and appointment harassments between starhub, onenet and me, I manage to get fibre broadband. 

30/09/16: I change my residential address and call starhub to take m request. But the customer care tells me that he can take the request only after the existing customer has cancelled and the port is free. (--> This was later rebuffed by the relocation team. He said the customer request need not wait till the port is released) 

1. 03/10/16: I wait a few days and after getting confirmation that the port is released, the request is taken by the customer care. He tells me the relocation team is going to revert in a day.

THE RELOCATION TEAM NEVER CALLS BACK. 

I KEEP calling everyday and on 05/10/16, the customer care says the relocation team takes 3 days to revert. ?????? This they do not tell me on the 3rd, but after 3 days of wait and repeated callbacks. 

07/10/16 - the relocation team finally calls me back and tells me they can give an appointment only for next week. On questioning, he tells me that I should not have waited for the port to be open, the CUSTOMER CARE GAVE ME WRONG INFORMATION, he should have taken the request on my first call so I could have gotten an earley appointment.

He takes 2 appointments - on 12th and 14th.

If this wasn't enough, THE HORROR STORY IS YET TO BEGIN

12/10/16: I get a call ( I believe from onenet 62821008) to cancel the appointment because they forgot to fix up time with somebody about this. 

I call back starhub disgusted and THE CUSTOMER CARE HAS NO CLUE ABOUT THIS APOINTMENT AT ALL  ??? THEY ONLY know about the appointment on the 14th

I request for an escalation, and they promise, but noone ever calls back

Later STARHUB CALLS ME and cancels the appointment on the 14th as well. 

13/10/16

Without any appointment, Onenet turns up at my place, fortunately my wife was there, else they would have gottena nother excuse for the delay.

They said now it's Starhubs job to enable the service. I call up Starhub, and they are clueless about the visit of Onenet. 

I request for an escalation , and again same response. I will get a callback, but never happens.

I call again in the evening but the CUSTOMER CARE IS AS CLUELESS AS EVER like I called the Fire department for a vetenery issue 

14/10/16: More calls, and more waste of time. 

In the evening, I get a call finally for an appointment but if you feel they would feel any sense of shame by nowm then you are mistaken. They gave me an appointment for NEXT WEEK ?? 

Only after pursuation, they agreed for a visit on 15th October. 

15/10/16: I AM HOPING FINALLY I WILL HAVE THE INTERNET WORKING AT MY HOME --> BUT GUESS WHAT --> STARHUB does not Disappoint and KEEPS UP WITH THEIR PATHETIC SERVICE LEVELS.

THEIR SERVICE ENGINEER IS NOT ABLE TO GET THE FIBRE WORKING.

ANY GUESSES WHY --> THEY BLAME IT ON ONENET AGAIN like ONENET is somebody I recommended to Starhub ???? WHAT BULL**bleep** guys. 

They are your vendor clean up your house, else get out of this business.

THe least you can do is let the customer cancel your HOPELESS PATHETIC AND **bleep**TY Service.

8 REPLIES 8
Alumni (Retired)

Re: BEWARE: STARHUB is the MOST PATHETIC of Fibre broadband vendors

Hi Sukhdeep, we have noted your issues on other post threads and rest assured that we are here to assist. Please PM me your details and I will get back to you  soon. Thank you.

Sofia
Respected Contributor

what is there to discus ? Isn't it pretty clear from my post the issue  and how pathetic your team is ? 

I am fed up with all you customer care guys who are there for some stupid lip service. 

My customer number is 1.14764254K Just get the **bleep** thing working instead of wasting any more of my time.

If you really want to help me, please help me  terminate all services with Starhub, whcih is the most hopeless service provider i have come across in my life. That will be the only service that is going to satisfy me. 

You idiots have lost a customer ( and many more whom I am going to educate ) with your pathetic service levels. Rest assured that the monetary loss to you will be far more than the harrassment you have caused me.  Even if you don't terminate, rest assured that I am going to move as and when my contract expires. I've had enough of this non sense. 

Alumni (Retired)

Hi Sukhdeep, we have escalated your issue to the relevant team. Do hang in there. Thank you.

Sofia
Respected Contributor

YOU GUYS ARE THICK SKINNED, SHAMELESS GROUP OF PEOPLE

20 days I am hearing this escalation non sense.IS IT ESCALATION OR EVAPORATION ?? NEVER SEE ANY ACTION

WHAT IS THE ROCKET SCIENCE IN SIMPLE CABLING ? 

Your guys kleep blaming the  NetLink Trust (NLT) ? 

Please refund my money and cancel the account if you guys don't know the basics of providing fibre internet

starhub.png

Respected Contributor

And the status above is from last week. 

After that no progress till date. 

Starhub, you guys really are SHAMELESS

Community Relationship Manager

Hi Sukhdeep, let us escalate this to the relevant team and we will get in touch with you. Thank you -Jolene 

Respected Contributor

Done with you guys now. I have been more patient than I shuold have.

It takes a week after every failed attempt to even fix an appointment

The promised callbacks never happen

No process of escalation. Imagine a frustrated customer requesting for callbacks for 15 days, and people JUST DO NOT CARE.

If this doesn't get fixed today, I am returning your devices today, and going to complain about you guys to the relevant authorities.

And rest assured all other connections (mobile, etc) are going to follow asap.

Respected Contributor

After 3 weeks of Starhub blaming Netlink Trust (NLT) for the issues, finally, the NLT people proved that the link is perfect from the NLT side and the problem is on the Starhub backend. 

Phew!! Could never imagine such a reputed Telco would be so completely clueless about such a simple thing and it takes them 3 weeks to figure this out ??

There is nothing to hide behind now Starhub. ????????