GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Able to access to internet with Wifi but Unable to access to internet with Cable

Respected Commentator

Able to access to internet with Wifi but Unable to access to internet with Cable

Hi Sirs, 

The problem occured about 2 weeks ago where I cannot access to internet using cable. But it is working fine, if I connect to internet with Wifi. 

While I try to troubleshoot when connecting with cable, it shows me this error message Local area connection doesnt have a valid ip configuration”. 

Please help me solve this problem and thanks in advance!

7 REPLIES 7
Home Networking Expert

Re: Able to access to internet with Wifi but Unable to access to internet with Cable

Do you have a spare cable to try? What router you are using? Did you try a different LAN port? Your wired connection on your PC configured to get IP address automatically?

Honored Contributor

Re: Able to access to internet with Wifi but Unable to access to internet with Cable

Are you using the Huawei HG256s RG? I have the same problem and I could not fix it. Already called SH to schedule a service this Friday. I can update you on the outcome.

Respected Commentator

I am using HUAWEI HG256s router. Yes, I tried to connect using different cables and different LAN ports. Also, I configured to obtain IP address automatically for wired connection on my PC.  In the end, I still cannot connect to internet via wired connection.

@NosLeD - Thanks for the help mate! 

Honored Contributor

@Icchy wrote:

I am using HUAWEI HG256s router. Yes, I tried to connect using different cables and different LAN ports. Also, I configured to obtain IP address automatically for wired connection on my PC.  In the end, I still cannot connect to internet via wired connection.

@NosLeD - Thanks for the help mate! 

Icchy, is your RG still on warranty? The reply I got from SH Customer Affairs via online feedback is my RG is still on warranty hence they are waiving the service charges and will replace my RG if the guy cannot fix it when he comes on Friday.

Respected Commentator

I am not so sure whether my RG still on warranty or not. Anyway, it would be the best if they could solve the error without changing the router. 

Honored Contributor

@Icchy

The tech guy simply replace the HG256S. He didn't check the problem but he told me its not a common problem he heard.

I would suggest you to call Starhub or send an online feedback to them to report this problem so that you can get it replace if still on warranty.
Respected Commentator

Thanks for sharing!