cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Starhub Fibre Broadband @ Same Address

SOLVED
Senior Contributor

2 Starhub Fibre Broadband @ Same Address

My tenant currently signed up to a Starhub Fibre Broadband plan (contract ends Aug 2019).

I am currently signed up to a Starhub Cable Broadband plan.

Following the ending of Starhub Cable Service, and the switch to Fibre promotion, and given that the OpenNet box has 2 ports, can we use both ports and each be logging on to our own Fibre Broadband plan?

If not, what other options do I have?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Solution

Re: 2 Starhub Fibre Broadband @ Same Address

Hi ComicBook

Yes, it would be possible to subscribe to 2 StarHub Fiber Broadband services in one household, provided that both Fiber Termination Point are in working condition. 

Do kindly head down to our stores for more details. The location of the shops are at www.starhub.com/personal/support/locate-us/starhub-shops.html?icid=int-31B-StarHubCM-201808-cm-suppo....

Hope this helps.

- Jackson

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Community Manager
Solution

Hi ComicBook

Yes, it would be possible to subscribe to 2 StarHub Fiber Broadband services in one household, provided that both Fiber Termination Point are in working condition. 

Do kindly head down to our stores for more details. The location of the shops are at www.starhub.com/personal/support/locate-us/starhub-shops.html?icid=int-31B-StarHubCM-201808-cm-suppo....

Hope this helps.

- Jackson

View solution in original post

Senior Contributor

Hi,

So I printed out your reply, went to starhub shop and arranged with starhub in Dec 2018 to have the 2nd Fibre Broadband setup and running on 5th Jan 2019.

On 5th Jan, a field engineer visited my home but obviously not prepared to see a Fibre internet already in place, repeatly re-confirm with me that I wanted a 2nd Fibre internet.

Even after this inital confusion, he concluded that the 2nd Fiber Termination Point was not turned on, and that the installation/activation was impossible/unsuccessful.

Work Order Number: 1-291245804700A

There is no following up since or another appointment communicated.

My question are:-

1) Why Starhub failed to ensure the correct installation details (2nd Fibre internet activation) being communcated within the company, and to request for the 2nd Fiber Termination Point to be turned on beforehand, thereby wasting everyone's time?

2) When is the next appointment date?

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi ComicBook, please PM us the subscriber name, registered Hub ID / email address and mobile number by clicking >> HERE, we’ll arrange for assistance. 

Senior Contributor

PMed as requested.

Community Manager

We've replied you via PM.

Senior Contributor

Hi,

So another appointment was set up on 22 Jan 2019, but again, the field engineer who visited my home concluded that the 2nd Fiber Termination Point was not turned on, and that the installation/activation was impossible/unsuccessful.

Work Order Number: 1-291245804700A

There is no following up since or another appointment communicated. I believe this now merits an escalation.

My question are:-

1) Why Starhub consistently failed to ensure the correct installation details (2nd Fibre internet activation) being communcated within the company, and to request for the 2nd Fiber Termination Point to be turned on beforehand, thereby wasting everyone's time?

2) When is the next appointment date for a successful home visit and installation?