GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1GB Fibre Broadband: Extreamly Unhappy till thinking of seeking compensation

Respected Advocate

Re: 1GB Fibre Broadband: Extreamly Unhappy till thinking of seeking compensation

Thats the problem with technology.

Troubleshooting the issue may or may not be easy depending abit on luck I would say. Sometime the issue might not shows up in the first try troubleshooting that whys usually IT staff will have to go thru the same process over and over again. At times it happened on x number of tries.

To put it simply, for example a simple case of no connection, looking at consumer point of view would be, ok no connection, must be the relavant ISP issue, but on the other end, this issue might be cause by:

-Firmware

-Hardware

-ISP

-Product receiving connection (eg. Laptop / Desktop) which also got to repeat the same troubleshooting for both firmware/ hardware issue on the device.

further to that, at time theres also issue with the cabling work (eg. your fibre point connection patched properly?)

Thats why theres an SOP for all technical staff to strictly follow. 

Anyway, since you've tried flashing the latest firmware. Just observe it for the time being.

Cheers

“Dogs are wise. They crawl away into a quiet corner and lick their wounds and do not rejoin the world until they are whole once more.”
—Agatha Christie
Respected Contributor

Re: 1GB Fibre Broadband: Extreamly Unhappy till thinking of seeking compensation

Agree to all points. I work in a company that does S2A for Singapore. I will be running more test and will inform Desmond. ---Insert Reply Above This Line-
Respected Advocate

Nice! Hopefully you will not have any further issue on the internet which can be pretty irritating at times. haha!

Cheers

“Dogs are wise. They crawl away into a quiet corner and lick their wounds and do not rejoin the world until they are whole once more.”
—Agatha Christie
Alumni (Retired)

What is the speed that you are getting when connecting directly to the ONT? This test can help to isolate the issue.
Respected Contributor

860Dn850Up +- 20Mbps. Direct to ONT. 840Dn800Up +- 10Mbps via 868L router on 1.09 Firmware. 920Dn950Up +- 15Mbps via 868L router before it went nuts FW:1.03SHC 95Dn90Up via 868L when it went nuts. 95Dn90Up via ONT during the time the 868L went nuts (which dont make sense). 700Dn600up via ONT after Starhub reset something 680Dn510Up through 868L on 1.03SHC firmware. But it reverts back to 95Dn90Up again after a few days many times. Therefore, i dont know. Its either pure coincidence that after flashing to 1.09 the ONT stopped acting up or Somehow the exchange side they managed to resolve some issues but we are not informed or the 1.09 really did do something to keep the ONT from dropping to 95/90. Haha..
Respected Contributor

Look at the speed? Not bad.. but again this is what i mean, with no changes to the hardware, speed variates. I can understand that its shared bandwidth and time of day, but not to the extent of dropping below 100Mbit.. then be asked all kinds again, wired or wireless, maybe your cables spoil, reset router, reset ONT, plug direct to ONT what speed haha.. yes I know its SOP, but I think whats important here is SLA for speed providence, dropping to below 100Mbit is abit weird. 

Speed indicated is via 868L with FW:1.09 that was manually flashed on to the EOL router that was given to me. Wish my ASUS AC68 can be used instead.. (maxes at 500Mbit), when I am facing 100Mbit saga.

Captureq.PNG

Alumni (Retired)

If you are looking at assured or committed speed, the test should be on wired connection to ONT. When another device comes into the picture, the result will not be accurate.
Respected Contributor

Be it ONT direct or Via Router. Speed should not drop to below 100Mbit.
Respected Advocate

As per what @razerpro mentioned, best is to test using direct connection with ONT to ensure accuracy. Every device or equipment in between the connection will only varies the result.

—Agatha Christie
Respected Advocate

@Benedict1972 Bro, Testing via direct connection to ONT will allows the technician to know if the issue lies with the connection or the router. 

—Agatha Christie