GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1GB Fibre Broadband: Extreamly Unhappy till thinking of seeking compensation

Respected Contributor

1GB Fibre Broadband: Extreamly Unhappy till thinking of seeking compensation

I am sick and tired of having been asked the same questions by different call centre agents

SOLVE YOUR BACK END ISSUES and stop assuming its the users problem. 1GB suddenly dropped to below 100Mb again, its always working then drops to 100MB again for almost 3 weeks.

When the manager called, asked me to turn the nucleus off and on, and he said he did nothing and it was working. My end I have been turning everything off and waiting for 3 mins and turning it back on. Still won't work. Stuck at 100Mbit.

Stop asking me to do the stupid screen shot. Its always 90Mb up and Down..

24 REPLIES 24
Veteran

Re: 1GB Fibre Broadband: Extreamly Unhappy till thinking of seeking compensation

Have you confirmed your cables are Cat 5e or 6?

Respected Advocate

Re: 1GB Fibre Broadband: Extreamly Unhappy till thinking of seeking compensation

Perhaps instead of venting your anger on a forum, might as well provide more information for our fellow forumer to assist and perhaps solve your issue.

It might be issues from anything. Doing power cycle solve certain issue.

Anyway, could you provide further information like model of your ONT and router, whether the speed test you took is on wired or wireless? 

what cable are you using? (cat 5/5e/6/7?)

“Dogs are wise. They crawl away into a quiet corner and lick their wounds and do not rejoin the world until they are whole once more.”
—Agatha Christie
Respected Contributor

One does not vent his anger unless he has gone through countless calls and repeated all the information you mentioned.
Respected Contributor

I am on full CAT 6 and the point is, it was working now its not. All cables tested using a cable tester.
Alumni (Retired)

ask for a change of ONT. Maybe it's the ONT that is faulty.
Respected Contributor

Actually the 1.03SHC firmware appears to be the issue. I manually updated to 1.09via DLink for the 868L that came with the plan and it appears to be stable at 868Dn850Up now.. I am still conducting tests to confirm. - - Insert Reply Above This Line---
Grand Guru

May be i would like to highlight issue regarding to this  Router DL

Dir 868L product discontinued

http://community.starhub.com/t5/MaxInfinity-Fibre-BroadBand/Dir-868L-product-discontinued/m-p/126005

And link to Dlink

http://support.dlink.com/productinfo.aspx?m=dir-868l

Community Manager

Please leave us your account details over at http://bit.ly/StarHubQuery via ask an account related query link, Thank you.

If my post answers your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button!
Respected Contributor

No point. Like i said i have done so more than 5 times already and no one knows. Desmond the senior or mgr called me and we tried some L2 or L3 process and its still inconclusive. So far after flashing the firmware on the 868L seems stable . Been a week.