GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1000 MBPS Fibre Broadband- Very slow

Trusted Commentator

1000 MBPS Fibre Broadband- Very slow

Hi, I have been away from Singapore for more than 2 months, Day before yesterday I came back, Since then my internet is very slow, I cant open a page and videos are bufferring, I never faced like this before, its really frustrating, it took almost half an hour to get into this page. I tried everything, I restarted my router, but nothing worked.

can anyone help?

Internet speed test 

Mbps download

Mbps upload

10 REPLIES 10
Community Sheriff

Re: 1000 MBPS Fibre Broadband- Very slow

Restart both your ONT and Router
Trusted Commentator

Yes tried to restart both, tried to reset the router.. nothing worked.
Trusted Commentator

Yes tried to restart both, tried to reset the router.. nothing worked.

Alumni (Retired)

Hi priyaudayam, 

Can you provide me with the subscribers' details (Full name, NRIC/FIN, mobile number, email) via PM

Quick question – have you tried rebooting the devices?             Switch it off from the main power socket for about 5 - 10 minutes.

- Han

Community Manager

Just to check, have you tried a speedtest via wired connection and facing slowspeed as well? Is the slowspeed issue on a specific website or all websites? 

Trusted Commentator

Hi Simon, I don't have the cable, I LL give a try, but it's not with the particular site, it's with all the sites. Whatsap messages is not going fastly, can't make any whatsap calls..its the same with the laptop too.

Trusted Commentator

It may sound crazy, but I would like to check. If the user is away for more than a month, will starhub usually cut off anything or slow down anything? Actually I was away for more than 2 months , I turned off everything when I left. I have been facing this issue only after coming back, in my office wifi, it works well, so I don't think my mobile is the problem.. Internet is very slow in both my laptop and mobile. Sometimes youYouT is working normally, sonetimes it's bufferring, but whatsap video call service is constantly not working with my wifi..

Community Manager

Hi Priya, as a service provider, we don't disable or slow internet connectivity for customer after a certain amount of inactive period. However, subscriber may experience service disruption if there is outstanding in account, beyond the due date.

For the reported slowspeed issue, did you try a wired connection to see if there's improvement?

Trusted Commentator

Thanks for the update Simon.

I tried with wired connection, it's better but still it's not good.

Actually YouTube videos are loading well now even in wifi(but its fluctuating),when I try to open any page, even this starhub community,it's taking more time. 

With my wifi I used to do multitasking in my mobile without any interruption, but now I can't even make whatsap calls both audio and video are not connecting. In my home, no one will access my wifi, it's just me. 

Actually when I was out of Singapore,I was making payments regularly(every month), but I didn't notice that I missed one month due in Jan, so it was continuously added from the next month bills, without noticing I was just making one month repayment regularly, I noticed this issue last week and cleared all the outstanding, would that be a problem?

I am doing speed test but I am not sure how much Mbps I can expect for 1000 Mbps plan? Actually I don't trust this speed, in my office wifi it will show a small number,but it's really fast.

Please advise.