GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 Gbps fibre plan but getting less than 450mbps ?!?!?!?!?!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

1 Gbps fibre plan but getting less than 450mbps ?!?!?!?!?!

Starhub came to install fibre setup box and linksys router today because i signed up for homehub. I should be getting 1gbps yet i am only getting less than 450mbps with disconnection.

I'm using lan connection not wifi. I have tried turning off my ont and router two times for 5 mins and it is still the same. I'm unhappy about it that im paying for 1gbps yet i'm getting only less than 450mbps with disconnection.

Previously i was using M1 fibre and it was stable. Now Starhub fibre is giving me issues. Starhub please do something! Smiley Sad

1231434.png

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: 1 Gbps fibre plan but getting less than 450mbps ?!?!?!?!?!

I tried to call starhub and the person on the phone told me to test and connect the cable from ONT port 1 to my laptop. It did shows 900+ mbps but it makes no sense telling me by connecting ONT>LAPTOP i will get full speed while connecting ONT>ROUTER>LAPTOP i will get less?????

Previously when i used M1 fibre 500mbps using ONT>ROUTER>LAPTOP i can get more than 400mbps! Now starhub 1gbps using ONT>ROUTER>LAPTOP i can get less than 450 mbps!

What is going on with starhub fibre?

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

This is the speed im getting using Starhub Local Speedtest

tyryu.png

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I called linksys this morning and did troubleshooting but the speed is still around d/l 429 and u/p 562. I tried connecting starhub modem to my pc using wired cable. They told me that the issue could be from starhub as the direct connection from starhub modem to my pc speed is still around d/l 429 and u/p 562.

I called starhub and told them about the speed im getting directly from their modem. They told me they will close the work order or whatever it is and call me back in 24 hours time to check the speed again.

Highlighted
Alumni (Retired)

Good day @Krystal Xu

Does restarting your modem/ONT and router help resolve the issue at all? 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

No doesn't help at all. I had called linksys to troubleshoot. The router is just getting the speed from the starhub modem so they told me to try to connect directly from modem to my pc to check the speed. The speed only shows 50% of the 1gbps plan and it's the same speed that i am getting when i am connecting through the linksys router.

Please look into this. This morning starhub told me they will call me again in 24 hours time to check the speed again. Cloud you please look into this?

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

This is the speed i am getting from direct connetion to modem to my pc.

Highlighted
Alumni (Retired)

I see. Please send me your full name, NRIC/FIN number, contact number and email via Private Message and I'll check.

- Amy
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Private message sent