cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TP-Link Archer C9 Reset of router password

SOLVED
Valued Commentator

TP-Link Archer C9 Reset of router password

Have tried using admin/admin, admin/password. all does not work after pressing the WPS/Reset for more than 8sec.

anyone know if the password is locked down by starhub? the router is installed with starhub firmware.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Valued Commentator
Solution

Re: TP-Link Archer C9 Reset of router password

its obvious that the router is locked down by starhub. called in and they claim that the this TP link router is under corporate usage and its managed by starhub. need to submit request to take back the ownership of the router.

anyway i managed to solve it on my own. Just do a tftp server and download the latest firmware and voila. done. even managed to get rid the ugly starhub logo at the login page.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Grand Guru

Hi,

Most likely your doing on factory reset is not complete.

Refer to link on how to do factory reset instructions;

> TP-Link Archer C9 Router

Alternately do download the manual for more info.

I am not Starhub staff &or related to.

Valued Commentator
Solution

its obvious that the router is locked down by starhub. called in and they claim that the this TP link router is under corporate usage and its managed by starhub. need to submit request to take back the ownership of the router.

anyway i managed to solve it on my own. Just do a tftp server and download the latest firmware and voila. done. even managed to get rid the ugly starhub logo at the login page.

New Commentator

Hi, I setup the tftp server, download the latest firmware & restall, but the starhub login logo cameback, also the ID & passward remain starhub's password & I couldn't login. later I installed with the softwear 2015 version & then all the starhub logo gone, but passward still remains, then just press the reset button for 10 second to reset the default ID & password admin/admin

Community Manager

Hi, please PM us your subscriber name, registered Hub ID / email address and mobile number to https://bit.ly/2S5w5qq, we’ll arrange for assistance. Thank you.

If my post answers your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button!